Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer hotel points to Chase/Amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transfer hotel points to Chase/Amex?

I've found myself in a situation with tons of  hotel points , and probably soon rental car points and airline points..

Can these be transferred TO chase or Amex to consolidate all of them?

I don't have any travel cards, but I am racking up massive hotel points..

Kindof wondering what to do with them..

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Razarath

Re: Transfer hotel points to Chase/Amex?

How are you racking up these points? Hotel stays?

In answering your question in general, no.

Typically when points are earned on an Amex or Chase card and transfered to a partner, it is a one way transaction. 
As for what to do with your points, redeem them for hotel stays. Or in some cases you may be able to transfer them to airlines, I believe Marriot Bonvoy allows you to do that.

Message 2 of 8
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've found myself in a situation with tons of  hotel points , and probably soon rental car points and airline points..

Can these be transferred TO chase or Amex to consolidate all of them?

I don't have any travel cards, but I am racking up massive hotel points..

Kindof wondering what to do with them..

No. You can not transfer hotel (or airline) points to UR/MR points. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How?

Ive been in hotels all but like 20 nights so far in 2021..

Basically live in hotels now..

Message 4 of 8
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How?

If you're staying on business travel/OPM, just keep bankrolling the points. Sooner or later you'll take a personal vacation and can use them on nicer properties in nicer locations.

Message 5 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

None of the flexible points programs allow transfers IN from other partners.  Hotel and car rental points can almost always be converted to airline miles, however, but the value of doing so can vary wildly.  For the two largest hotel loyalty programs, Marriott can be quite good but Hilton is always rather abysmal.  (Example: to get 25,000 Delta SkyMiles, you would need 60k Marriott points or 250k Hilton points.)  And while airline to hotel transfer in the opposite direction is usually not an option, there are some rare exceptions (i.e. United elites can convert miles to Marriott 1:1).

But your best bet is likely to use the hotel points toward leisure stays, unless you're getting a very good value on an award with an airline partner.

Message 6 of 8
mich800
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How?

Depending on the chain you have the points.  Just use them to book a rewards stay.  Some may even have other rewards other than rooms.  I know Hilton Honors has all types of things to use the points on.

It should be pretty clear how and on what you can use the points on when you are logged into your account with the respective hotel chain website.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hilton and Marriott bonvoy..

I'm killing it with Marriott right now with their double points/double nights promo..

I understand Hilton points are worth less but they rack up SO FAST..

The 60 night bonus was 40k points alone..

10k every 10 nights for the 10 night bonuses on top of the check in bonuses and base points X2 for diamond and all sorts..

My first Hilton stay alone got me diamond..

20k Hilton points = easily about $100 to redeem for a Hilton room..

Im working on Marriott right now and I'll see how fast they accumulate compared to Hilton, but Marriott doesn't seem to have the 10 night bonuses or really much at all for bonus points.. Almost only base points..

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.