Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Reservations after CSP Cancellation

tag
wche
Regular Contributor

Travel Reservations after CSP Cancellation

What happens to flight reservations purchased thru CSP UR Points (20%) after you cancel your card before you travel? I booked some flights for may 2015, but plan on cancelling my CSP this December. Will those reservations be okay? thnx

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Travel Reservations after CSP Cancellation

Keep your confirmation and just call to confirm. Should be booked in the system but better to be safe then sorry. Ask them as a senario not as if you actually were.

Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Keep your confirmation and just call to confirm. Should be booked in the system but better to be safe then sorry. Ask them as a senario not as if you actually were.

To be safe, yes.  But it really shouldn't be an issue, any more than buying tickets for cash with a card that you later cancel.  The reservations are now with the airlines, not Chase.  You have "paid" for them with UR.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To be safe, yes.  But it really shouldn't be an issue, any more than buying tickets for cash with a card that you later cancel.  The reservations are now with the airlines, not Chase.  You have "paid" for them with UR.

My guess would be yes also. I've heard of certain things expiring once you cancel the card, like the added year of warranty on some cards, but if the transaction has already taken place, then the merchant has already received their "payment".

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why close the CSP? Just PC it to a regular CS to get rid of the annual fee and then SD it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.