cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel protection perks on award travel?

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Travel protection perks on award travel?

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Really surprised Amex isn't in the running.  I expected their coverage to be better.

Nope, this is one of their shortcomings I have to say.

Message 21 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Travel protection perks on award travel?

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@xenon3030 wrote:

The new BOA PR provides some travel features like up to 500$ for 12+ h delay and up to 5000$ for cancellation, baggage delay/lost, while seems no coverage on some parts like medical on travel.  How would this CC be compared to the other CCs for travel perks?

Chase and Citi's policies take effect after 6 hours delay.

Sounds like the BoA Premium card's travel benefits are slightly better than their base cards (Cash Rewards, Travel Rewards) but not by much.

Right now my best options appear to be Chase IHG and Citi TY Premier.  The Chase IHG looks to have similar benefits to the CSP which are very good... trip delay/cancellation, baggage delay and loss, and emergency medical/dental.  The Citi Premier has most of these, but reports seem mixed about their willingness to cover losses on partially paid fares.  I'd much rather get the 3x Citi points than 1x IHG points on the purchase, though.  Still weighing it.

Really surprised Amex isn't in the running.  I expected their coverage to be better.

CSR (and possibly Ritz/JPMR?) require 6 hour delays. CSP and Hyatt require 12 hour delays.

I'm not aware of any Citi cards requiring 6 hour delays. Prestige and AA Exec require 3 hour delays, and AA Platinum and Premier require 12 hours.

I haven't read the BofA terms, so don't know what cancellation reasons it covers or what award travel, if any, it covers. These things vary. Citi covers jury duty as a reason, Chase doesn't.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.