Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelocity Amex

tag
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Travelocity Amex

Hi guys, currently I have a apple barclay visa card  that  I applied 2 months ago and currently have a low balance but I have a coming vacation in August of this year and would like to take advantage of the 10% rebate. Have some one apply for this card. What fico do you need and would I be allow to have two cards from same bank.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Travelocity Amex

I got a 6500 cl on recon w a 676 TU fico. It's not a cashback card.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 14
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

I think I have a 646 TU score so don't know if I have a s...

I think I have a 646 TU score so don't know if I have a shot. I called customer service and rep told me they will give me credit that can be apply to your balance which that's what I want, is that true. How hard is to get this card..

Message 3 of 14
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Is the Apple card the only CC you have? With that score and the other Barclay card being 2 months old, you might have a tough time trying to get the Travelocity because Barclays likes seeing how you handle their card for 6 months and isn't really new account friendly. But yes, you can more than one card from the same bank.

If you apply and get denied, try reconning it.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 4 of 14
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

No I currently have other credit cards which turn 1 year this month. I applied for the apple card to get no interest  for 12 months but my daughter laptop is almost pay off.

Message 5 of 14
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Zelaya wrote:

No I currently have other credit cards which turn 1 year this month. I applied for the apple card to get no interest  for 12 months but my daughter laptop is almost pay off.

You have a very thin credit file and have a 2 month old barclay card. The chances of you getting a Amex Travelocity right now are pretty slim, If that was NOT enough, the most diabolical case imaginable is Amex declines you and Barclays closes your card. Barclays has been knows to close accounts just because of more INQs and in your case, Amex may very well double or even tripple pull you.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 6 of 14
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

@Zelaya wrote:

You have a very thin credit file and have a 2 month old barclay card. The chances of you getting a Amex Travelocity right now are pretty slim, If that was NOT enough, the most diabolical case imaginable is Amex declines you and Barclays closes your card. Barclays has been knows to close accounts just because of more INQs and in your case, Amex may very well double or even tripple pull you.

The Travelocity card is backed by Barclays, it just uses Amex's network. I haven't heard of Barclays doing a triple pull.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 7 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@b_seeker wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

@Zelaya wrote:

The Travelocity card is backed by Barclays, it just uses Amex's network. I haven't heard of Barclays doing a triple pull.

+1

The approval tier for Barclay's Travelocity Amex is much higher than the Apple Financing product.  Barclay's will point out that your exisiting product has not had sufficient history established to be considered for another one, let alone the rest of your credit profile.  The suggested approach is to let your credit file/score improve over time to leverage better approval chances.  Even if you decided to proceed with the reconsideration efforts, it will be borderline and still no guarantee of approval.

Message 8 of 14
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Update: I applied for the card and it gave me the " We need more time" blah,blah

so decided to call the backdoor number and credit analized came back saying they need to see more payment history on my current barclay card to get a second card with them so still denied. Thank guys 

Message 9 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Zelaya wrote:

Update: I applied for the card and it gave me the " We need more time" blah,blah

so decided to call the backdoor number and credit analized came back saying they need to see more payment history on my current barclay card to get a second card with them so still denied. Thank guys 

I think from the forum's consensus, it was to be the expected outcome.  Of course, never hurts to try but the end result remains the same.  Best of luck in the future should you decide to apply for this product again.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.