Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried Closing Macys Card

tag
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: Tried Closing Macys Card

MrPTato, try this number for Macy's: 1-888-257-5949. If it hangs up keep trying to call back. I've used it several times to bypass their automated system and always have good success. Sorry about the hard time you're having and I hope this helps. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msbia wrote:

MrPTato, try this number for Macy's: 1-888-257-5949. If it hangs up keep trying to call back. I've used it several times to bypass their automated system and always have good success. Sorry about the hard time you're having and I hope this helps. 

Called that number...someone answered and I told them what I wanted to do. Said I was in the wrong department and she would transfer me over. On hold for 3 minutes and talked to off shore credit center. She closed my accounts. When I log on it still shows I have available credit. Will check on site tomorrow to see if shows closed.

Thanks for the number msbia!

Message 12 of 15
msbia
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@msbia wrote:

Called that number...someone answered and I told them what I wanted to do. Said I was in the wrong department and she would transfer me over. On hold for 3 minutes and talked to off shore credit center. She closed my accounts. When I log on it still shows I have available credit. Will check on site tomorrow to see if shows closed.

Thanks for the number msbia!

You're welcome! I'm glad it worked (hopefully lol) out for you. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That "$2" is the fee for paying off your balance in full. It's in the fine print.

They charge you for not paying interest? That's an awful card!

Message 14 of 15
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Sorry you and others are having so much trouble w/ the website,,, I'm the odd woman out..I've had no problems since they got it up and going...nor w/reporting...lucky me...filing all info 4 future reference..
I do hope they get it all worked out for ya....

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.