Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tring to figure out comb cap1 cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tring to figure out comb cap1 cards

How does this actually work? Eventually i want the venture card.

my 2 current cards are qs1 and the capital one sony rewards.

are these cards able to be combined? I guess im not sure of the whole process. Ive searched the forums and its kinda confussing. 

Or do i need the qs1 and the platnuim card in order for this to work? 

I dont think i can have the qs1, platnum and sony card...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
js0319
Established Contributor

Re: Tring to figure out comb cap1 cards

Check the pre-qual. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that and it says the qs1 and platnum....but when i applied (before) denied because i have the max number of accounts it says. Did the pre qual tonight and the same 2 cards show

Message 3 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

you can for sure have quicksilver 1, a platinum mastercard and sony visa but I don't believe you can combine the sony visa, as its a cobranded card. 

you have prequals saying, Congratulations.... We think you will like these offers? and its for the same cards you already have? what are your scores? 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

you can for sure have quicksilver 1, a platinum mastercard and sony visa but I don't believe you can combine the sony visa, as its a cobranded card. 

you have prequals saying, Congratulations.... We think you will like these offers? and its for the same cards you already have? what are your scores? 

650's are the scores and yes it says its says we think youll like this card, then shows the QS1 (i already have that card) and then under it says we also suggest, then has the platnum, i got the qs1 and the sony card together. 

Message 5 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

with cap1 you can have 5 cards, although some reps say online you can have as many as you want. when you read the app. fine print, it says if you have 5 or more capitalone one cards, meaning they show up on your landing page, you are not eligable for these offers. 

you dont have 5 cards yet, therefore you can get a venture or whatever when your good for it. i would garden if I were you and check the prequals again a few months. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

with cap1 you can have 5 cards, although some reps say online you can have as many as you want. when you read the app. fine print, it says if you have 5 or more capitalone one cards, meaning they show up on your landing page, you are not eligable for these offers. 

you dont have 5 cards yet, therefore you can get a venture or whatever when your good for it. i would garden if I were you and check the prequals again a few months. 

Yea thats what im gonna do is garden. Im just trying to see after 6 mo if these 2 that i have can be combined. I guess that will be a no. Ill just work on the payment history with these. I just got these 2 a month ago and ran about 300-400 transaction through them. I just pay them off as soon as it goes from pending. I think ive made about 40 payments last month between the 2 cards. Lol Set it up with my bank account info so all i have to do is hit the amount and the pay button. But i hear capital one likes that stuff for CLI. 

Message 7 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

getting back to your original question, i am 99 percent sure you cant combine the Sony Visa, BuyPower WEMC, PlayStation Visa cards with your capitalone core cards. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

getting back to your original question, i am 99 percent sure you cant combine the Sony Visa, BuyPower WEMC, PlayStation Visa cards with your capitalone core cards. 

ddemari is correct. You cannot combine the cobranded cards w/ the Capital One core cards. And, for a datapoint, the Spark business cards won't combine with them either. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.