Did you mean: 

Triple pull from Capital One!?!

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Triple pull from Capital One!?!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the Quicksilver Visa and they hard pulled all 3 bureaus. Really capital one? I think that was a bit excessive. I have TONS of credit cards and have never once had this happen

It's also REALLY common knowledge here, so if it was a concern to you a little research could have given you a chance to decide if it was worth it to you. Now, as others have said, look for the upside. 

+10 Yup, posted many many many times. Except for "co-branded" cards such as GM BuyPower (one pull) and I assume cards like Kohl's are not 3 HP's, but I don't have any experience with that card. 

Edit/Add - more and more cards are pulling more than one CRA, I know Citi likes to pull 2 and there are others - not too many pull all 3.

Message 11 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as I know they are the only cc that does this.  

NFCU

NFCU pulls all three bureaus to open a credit card?

They did not for me.  Only 1. 

Only one for me as well (EQ). 

They usually pull TU for membership so if you get your membership and a card on the same day you will get two pulls, but only one is actually for the card (at least for most folks).  I'll also mention that if you get a CLOC the same day, that would be yet another separate pull as well, which is how most people end up with multiple HPs from NFCU.

Message 12 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the Quicksilver Visa and they hard pulled all 3 bureaus. Really capital one? I think that was a bit excessive. I have TONS of credit cards and have never once had this happen

Welcome to Capital One!  Smiley Happy

Joking aside, what everyone else has stated about Capital One having their 'perks' is right on the money... your CLIs will always be SPs, and they are known to be rather generous relative to many other lenders.  After the initial 'sting' of the three HPs is out of the way, they are generally easy to deal with.

P.S.  Before your next app, do a little 'poking' around this website... you'll find tons of useful information that can be very helpful!  Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 33
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as I know they are the only cc that does this.  

NFCU

Navy does not pull all three CB's when applying for any of their credit products. They may pull any one of the three but never have I seen a triple pull by them, if you know someone who did receive a triple pull, congrats you just met a unicorn. 

Message 14 of 33
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I know they're not "prime" but when starting my rebuild last year Fingerhut triple pulled me. Smiley Sad No extra benifits like youll see but it does happen.

Fingerhut? Wow!

OP - Yes, as others have said it's a triple pull. I learned the back-to-back app trick from this site. I applied for the Venture and Quicksilver within about a minute of each other. I was approved for both cards and $20K in starting limits with 3 pulls in total. It was definitely worth it.

There is LOTS of awesome information here Smiley Happy

More than enough credit.
Message 15 of 33
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, Capital One commonly HPs all three major bureaus. As others have pointed out, future CLIs are SP, so you take the inquiy initially but from then if you ask for a CLI it doesn't incur an additional HP.

I've seen Citibank, Chase, and Bank of America inquire (HP) two bureaus on occasion. 

Years ago I was told that some auto lenders will pull one bureau and if your score doesn't meet their criteria for approval, but is above some other lower threshold, that they will then inquire against a second bureau, and potentially even a third bureau.

Capital One just pulls all three, even with a high score. It's the way they roll. Banks can learn a lot, since not every creditor reports to every bureau, or they may not report in as timely a fashion.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Joking aside, what everyone else has stated about Capital One having their 'perks' is right on the money... your CLIs will always be SPs, and they are known to be rather generous relative to many other lenders.  After the initial 'sting' of the three HPs is out of the way, they are generally easy to deal with.

P.S.  Before your next app, do a little 'poking' around this website... you'll find tons of useful information that can be very helpful!  Smiley Wink

Yes!

Message 17 of 33
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Yes, it's one of the unlikeable things about Cap1, but I guess they have their perks too. I'm in the habit of over searching these threads before I do anything now.

As for NFCU, 1 pull is what I'm aware of and have experienced.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 18 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is SO different from what you would see on this forum a year or two ago, where "Crap One" was known to NEVER increase CLs and were always the subject of tons of complaints.   Now things seem a lot better.

Message 19 of 33
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Amex and Discover also pull multiple reports (depending on your credit)

but yeah, all 3 for a sub prime card sucks, but I am sure they are just making sure we arnt hiding anything Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.