Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble adding AU on PenFed

tag
QCS123
Established Contributor

Trouble adding AU on PenFed

Anyone else has issue with adding an AU onto their PenFed credit card?  I got my card in January.  I filled out the paperwork in Feb and in April Pen Fed did a HP on my DH's CR but so far no card and nothing online?  I'll call on Monday but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else has experienced this?  My DH's FICO numbers were pretty low at the time 622 but have since increased 71pts, so I'm wondering if they don't add if the FICO is that low?  However even if they didn't want to add him, you would think we would be notified?  Very confused....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: Trouble adding AU on PenFed

@QCS123 wrote:

Anyone else has issue with adding an AU onto their PenFed credit card?  I got my card in January.  I filled out the paperwork in Feb and in April Pen Fed did a HP on my DH's CR but so far no card and nothing online?  I'll call on Monday but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else has experienced this?  My DH's FICO numbers were pretty low at the time 622 but have since increased 71pts, so I'm wondering if they don't add if the FICO is that low?  However even if they didn't want to add him, you would think we would be notified?  Very confused....

AUs don't require a credit pull with PenFed or any other bank / CU for that matter. It looks like you applied to add him as a joint owner, in which case, both of you would be responsible for the account. So, it is possible the low credit score prevented him from being added as a joint owner, so you should definitely call. Otherwise, if you request that he be added as an authorized user only, they won't need any credit info for him.

Message 2 of 4
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Thats strange.  I added my DH around the same time and no credit pull was done.  It was the Authorized User paperwork.   Call.  Smiley Happy  Good luck. 

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 3 of 4
QCS123
Established Contributor

I contacted them and apparently i added him as a joint owner to the bank account and not as an authorized user on the CC. Just have to fill out the form and he's good to go. Since they already did a hard pull for him, maybe he should try for a credit card before i add him as a AU on mine (10K opening limit). Not sure if he should wait or go for it. He just got two AMEX cards (personal and business) and I added him to a few of my other CC too, so it terms of new accounts, he has a few....advice?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.