Anyone else having a problem with the reporting of their converted WaMu credit card accounts? Both my old and new accounts are reporting on TU with balances. Since it is a closed account this is killing my UTIL. They also reported the new, closed account as "Closed by grantor" when the old, closed account was actually closed by me and reports that way. I suspect the same thing is happening on EQ as I was rewarded with an 11 point SW FICO decrease when the new Chase account reported. EX seems to be reporting correctly. I won't be able to know totally what is going on until I can pull a new TC which will be 30MAR. I also have a second, open account which has not reported yet (and has a zero balance). I will report further then. In the meantime the rest of you may want to be on the lookout for a similar problem.
the EQ decrease may be unrelated. at least in my case it is only TU reporting the same closed acct as Chase and Wamu. i think i noticed it the first day the dupe appeared on TU since i am monitoring and i saw an increase in the number of closed accts. and thought uh oh AA. in any case, i simply disputed the old wamu as taken over by another lender.
i received a response from transunion: "new information" which i guess means confirmed since it was not removed! WTH? is there a credit reporting number for Chase that we can call to straigten this out?
The info off the TC TU "Change Report" says:
CHASE BANK USA NA
BANK ONE CARD SERV 800
WESTERVILLE, OH 43081
Please report what happens if you call.
If the information on EX is reporting correctly, give it some time because TU and EQ don't update as quick as EX.
The problem isn't that we are waiting for it to update, but that it already has updated and that it has been updated incorrectly! You can sit around and wait for a miraculous correction if you want. (Lots of luck.) Those of us who care about the content of our credit reports are going to take action. I know I will be just as soon as I can define the extent of the problem. (Which will be on Monday.)
thanks for listing Chase info. jmbfl. as it turns out, i didn't have to call them because after i received the "information updated' TU response this morning instead of a balance update (both tradelines are still reporting the same outstanding balance) or deletion from the online dispute... this afternoon, i disputed by phone, this time targeting the balances 'incorrect amount' as the reason for the dispute. while this may have just been a glitch with the recent take over reporting. i don't think one lender is permitted to duplicate the reporting of the same outstanding balance under the guise of two separate entities.
since the age of this acct is significantly less than my AAoA, not to mention the uti impact, it is a damaging entry. i noticed the duplicative wamu entry had been completely removed when i arrived home this evening. i think my relative cynicism about human intervention from the cra (preferring instead to use the online method for issues i don't figure will escalate to litigation) was challenged today with a speedy response to the dispute by phone.