Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True value discover upgrade

tag
Jd2683
New Contributor

True value discover upgrade

I currently have the true value store card with a credit limit of $3600. I’m wondering if anyone has had any luck getting Commenity to upgraded to a Discover card? I called customer service and they said it’s not possible to do an upgrade. Any feedback?

My score is about 654 On all three bureaus
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: True value discover upgrade

Comenity upgrades do happen (i.e. Visa Platinum > Visa Signature, store version > Visa/MC, etc.). However, these are targeted and would depend on whether the account becomes eligible.

Unfortunately, just like SYNCB, these cannot be requested.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jd2683 wrote:
I currently have the true value store card with a credit limit of $3600. I’m wondering if anyone has had any luck getting Commenity to upgraded to a Discover card? I called customer service and they said it’s not possible to do an upgrade. Any feedback?

My score is about 654 On all three bureaus

Finstar is right: you will have to wait for the upgrade. Your score of 654 is not bad (Smiley Happy), but it is not good enough for a Comenity-backed bank card. My advice to you is to, perhaps, consider checking Discover's pre-qual. site to see whether you are eligible for an actual Discover card.  

Message 3 of 4
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

A few years ago, I remember trying to SCT the Tru Value Discover card.  No luck there

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.