cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True value discover upgrade

Established Member

True value discover upgrade

I currently have the true value store card with a credit limit of $3600. I’m wondering if anyone has had any luck getting Commenity to upgraded to a Discover card? I called customer service and they said it’s not possible to do an upgrade. Any feedback?

My score is about 654 On all three bureaus
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES

Re: True value discover upgrade

Comenity upgrades do happen (i.e. Visa Platinum > Visa Signature, store version > Visa/MC, etc.). However, these are targeted and would depend on whether the account becomes eligible.

Unfortunately, just like SYNCB, these cannot be requested.
Message 2 of 4
Valued Contributor

@Jd2683 wrote:
I currently have the true value store card with a credit limit of $3600. I’m wondering if anyone has had any luck getting Commenity to upgraded to a Discover card? I called customer service and they said it’s not possible to do an upgrade. Any feedback?

My score is about 654 On all three bureaus

Finstar is right: you will have to wait for the upgrade. Your score of 654 is not bad (Smiley Happy), but it is not good enough for a Comenity-backed bank card. My advice to you is to, perhaps, consider checking Discover's pre-qual. site to see whether you are eligible for an actual Discover card.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Starting Score: 490
Current Score:EX: 590
Goal Score: 620

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
Valued Contributor

A few years ago, I remember trying to SCT the Tru Value Discover card.  No luck there

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>01/2019 CCT EX 804 TU 820 EQ 812
Thus will it come to pass. The Dying Leader will know the truth of the Opera House. The missing Three will give you the Five, who've come from the Home of the Thirteenth. You are the Harbinger of Death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their End. End of line.
Message 4 of 4