Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truist secured vs Bank of America secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truist secured vs Bank of America secured

577-605 fico. 1 open account. Sept 21 cap one platinum (unsecured). Just got cl increase from $300 to $400. I'm going to get a sdfcu secured card but I also want a bank secured card. I'm not sure which one to get first. I plan on getting the truist secured card which you can secure with $300-$5,000 down and the Bofa secured which you can secure with $300-$4900. With my credit score which one will be easier to get? Which one has better benefits. Which one will graduate quicker/easier? After they graduate which one has a higher Max cl and which one will reach that cl fastest. Ultimate goal is ficos above 741 and a marriott amex card. I only plan to garden after getting these four cards and plan on keeping a zero balance. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Truist secured vs Bank of America secured

Hi @Anonymous - welcome to the myFICO community.

Are you currently building or rebuilding? Can you share with the community any reasons for FICO scores being on the lower end? Any negative items reporting?

When looking at secured CCs, there's a variety of options. Not much is known about the TRUIST secured card (or outcomes), but there are plenty of DPs on the BoA secured one and there's other lenders who offer better paths after cards graduate. For instance, there's Discover and US Bank. TD Bank (if you're in their lending area) and Navy Federal Credit Union (if eligible for membership).

Message 2 of 4
eyam
Established Member

Welcome! I'm not familiar with the Truist secured card, but the BofA secured card (specifically the BankAmericard) is pretty bland - no rewards, and it charges a FTF. Just an FYI. I think there are better options out there like mentioned above if you're able to go a different route.

As of 2/20/22:

As of 4/20/22:
Message 3 of 4
NyaBuksh
Regular Contributor

As far as I know, Truist/BB&T secured card does not graduate but BOA does.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.