Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truliant CU credit cards

tag
ontop
Regular Contributor

Truliant CU credit cards

Hi folks, After reading nothing but good things about credit unions, I've decided to join one -- Truliant FCU. Does anyone have experience with their credit cards so far? Such as chance of approval, CL generosity ect. I saw that they have 2 kinds: 1)Visa classic with CL 500 - 10,000 2)Visa Platinum 5,000 - 30,000 Thank you for any help,
Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ontop
Regular Contributor

Re: Truliant CU credit cards

Updated: I decided to go ahead and go for it, got a phone call from a gentleman with a warm welcome voice within the next day. After some basic verification procedure, he approved me at 1000 CL to start with, which I politely refused. I told him that I will come back and reapply next year to see that I get a higher CL, if my credit profile meet their pre-determined criteria, or else I will keep trying. He agreed!!!

Very nice CU to work with, highly recommended Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 6
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

You had a hard IQ, why turned it down? You can keep the card and ask for a CLI in 1yr, cause you will get another pull when you re-apply.

Message 3 of 6
ontop
Regular Contributor

You're absolutely right Smiley Sad

I regreted my decision right after the conversation, but I updated the information on here anyway so that other people can know what's going with this CU.

Message 4 of 6
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

You could always call them back and see if the offer still stands. I bet it does!

Then in a year, go for the CLI. Heck, if nothing else, it will add to your AAoA.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 6
ontop
Regular Contributor

Very good idea Ray,

I was thinking of the same thing, however I was afraid that I will encounter another CSR and get another pull. So I have to live with my mistake. Very big mistake.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.