Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying for a second Citi card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying for a second Citi card

One more Citi question.  I have the Diamond card (4000 CL)--had it for 4 months now.  I was thinking of applying for the Simplicity card (or possibly the Dividend).  Is it possible to get a second card from Citi within this time frame?  (FYI my scores are all approx. 680).  Thanks for any comments.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Trying for a second Citi card

Yes. You can apply.

Message 2 of 5
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

From my experience you can. I have 3 "new" cards from citi in the last 12 months.  Plat Select, AA visa Siggy and the Diamond Preferred (for the BT promo).  I learned to wait about 4 months in between each app.  The first time I app'd for the AA card I was denied because I opened an account less than 60 days before that (about 45) or so that was their excuse anyway.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jason86423 wrote:

From my experience you can. I have 3 "new" cards from citi in the last 12 months.  Plat Select, AA visa Siggy and the Diamond Preferred (for the BT promo).  I learned to wait about 4 months in between each app.  The first time I app'd for the AA card I was denied because I opened an account less than 60 days before that (about 45) or so that was their excuse anyway.

I applied and was approved for two Citi cards the same day (one hard pull), so I don't believe you HAVE to wait an x amount of time.

Message 4 of 5
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Go for it only if u need the credit, u may get better offers as you age with citi. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.