cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to PC Chase Slate to Freedom-No luck!

tag
rustystick
New Contributor

Re: Trying to PC Chase Slate to Freedom-No luck!

hrm...

i just did a pc from slate to freedom yesterday (exactly 1 yr) with the promotional apr still going.... (limit is low as well 1500)

perhaps bc i got a mail offer to apply for the freedom card? idk..

CSP 10k 0 Discover It 7.8k AmazonVisa 3k Freedom 1500 US Bank Cash Rewards 1500 BofA123 3300 SallieMae 3800
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your Chase CC starts with a card number of 4185-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx good luck. Chase has left this batch of cards on the rail siding and in some cases closed people. This is the left overs from WaMu and Providian. You would want to think about reviewing the matter with a credit analyst. It is possible to loose the card bin number with a new account but it may take a direct contact with credit.
Message 22 of 26
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I would call again and ask for a PC directly by phone. I had the same issue when I was trying to get my card converted to a VISA signature. They kept telling me I had to reapply for a different product. I refused and kept sending them secured messages until my request was forwarded to a different department.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 23 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@maiden_girl wrote:

I would call again and ask for a PC directly by phone. I had the same issue when I was trying to get my card converted to a VISA signature. They kept telling me I had to reapply for a different product. I refused and kept sending them secured messages until my request was forwarded to a different department.

The only difference here maiden_girl is the legacy WaMu product distinction.  These are hard-coded, so no PC is possible due to the absorbtion of WaMu's CC portfolio during 2008.  The only method in which these can ever be converted is if the type of product code changes from a uniform product code that allows them to eventually move to another product platform family (the Slate card has multiple subfamilies which includes the former WaMu cards) or if the OP closes this card and applies outright for another product.

Message 24 of 26
Plex26
Established Member

I applied for the Chase Slate in August along with a balence transfer.

This past week I was approved for the Chase Freedom.

I called int o see if the CL from my Chase Slate could be combined into my Chase Freedom and close my Chase Slate account and it is possible, however I have a small balance that I haven't payed due to the 0.0% APR on the balence transfer (I'm paying it off slowly) so they can't combine the CLs until it's payed in full.

Try applying for the Chase Freedom and see if you are approved, if you are then you can close your Slate account and combine the CL into your Freedom and maybe even backdate the Freedom card.

Message 25 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Plex26 wrote:

I applied for the Chase Slate in August along with a balence transfer.

This past week I was approved for the Chase Freedom.

I called int o see if the CL from my Chase Slate could be combined into my Chase Freedom and close my Chase Slate account and it is possible, however I have a small balance that I haven't payed due to the 0.0% APR on the balence transfer (I'm paying it off slowly) so they can't combine the CLs until it's payed in full.

Try applying for the Chase Freedom and see if you are approved, if you are then you can close your Slate account and combine the CL into your Freedom and maybe even backdate the Freedom card.

Chase cards, or any other cards for that matter, cannot be "backdated".  Such (MSD) feature only works for AMEX Centurion-issued cards.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.