Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get approved for CASH+ USBANK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to get approved for CASH+ USBANK

I was recently denied (in june) for the cash+ card. they would't even give me a lower card, due to having 3 recently opened accounts. my last card opened was the amazon rewards card which was in june 25th. But I have a bunch (7) of inq on experian which is what they pulled (3 in june, last inq was in july, denied by barclay)

my current cards are

AMEX BLUE CASH 15k

AMEX DELTA 5.7k

CHASE FREEDOM 3k

CHASE SOUTHWEST 1k

CHASE AMAZON 900

CITI FORWARD 2k

CITI DIVIDENDS 4k

EXP 734

EQ 747

TU 743

I never use money that I don't have (unless I know a paycheck is coming in). I'm mainly a slickdealer trying to optimize rewards and never pay interest.

Having all these cards, I put autopay on FULL for any card that has interest. but put minimum on 0% APR ones.

I just called and I told them my last account was opened in June and they said apply anytime in december.

Should I put autopay on full for all cards? will that help the score more?

Really want this card, I wouldn't have applied for all these other ones if they came out with it sooner. (electronics store 5%)

I was thinking about the discover IT after i get approved for this one, and ill be done. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trying to get approved for CASH+ USBANK

@Anonymous wrote:

I was recently denied (in june) for the cash+ card. they would't even give me a lower card, due to having 3 recently opened accounts. my last card opened was the amazon rewards card which was in june 25th. But I have a bunch (7) of inq on experian which is what they pulled (3 in june, last inq was in july, denied by barclay)

my current cards are

AMEX BLUE CASH 15k

AMEX DELTA 5.7k

CHASE FREEDOM 3k

CHASE SOUTHWEST 1k

CHASE AMAZON 900

CITI FORWARD 2k

CITI DIVIDENDS 4k

EXP 734

EQ 747

TU 743

I never use money that I don't have (unless I know a paycheck is coming in). I'm mainly a slickdealer trying to optimize rewards and never pay interest.

Having all these cards, I put autopay on FULL for any card that has interest. but put minimum on 0% APR ones.

I just called and I told them my last account was opened in June and they said apply anytime in december.

Should I put autopay on full for all cards? will that help the score more?

Really want this card, I wouldn't have applied for all these other ones if they came out with it sooner. (electronics store 5%)

I was thinking about the discover IT after i get approved for this one, and ill be done. 

Having autopay on or off doesn't make a difference in terms of fico scoring. Although, it might be beneficial for Amex who relies heavily on an internal scoring model. Problem is, no one really knows for sure exactly what factors make up amex internal risk score. My guess is that autopay could only help with amex, but most other lenders probably don't care as much.

Also, if you want the it you would most likely have no problem being approved.with your scores.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response.

Well I have everything on autopay, but the 0% on minimum, if paying the whole balance instead, will the score boost more?

Yeah, I feel like I can get the Discover IT now, but if I do, I'll have to wait even longer to get the Cash+. 

I eventually want to limit down to:

Citi Forward

Citi Dividends MC

Amex Blue Cash

Amex Blue Flight preferred ($75 annual fee, $100 airline allowance)

(nice to have 2, can take advantage of loading offers twice, one by Facebook, other by Twitter)

Chase Freedom (CLI $100, to total 5k so i can get Visa Signature)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USBank Cash+

Discover IT

Barclay UPromise (8% cashback at many major sites)

Maybe a CapOne just for traveling outside USA or some sites that charge in a different currency?

Starting with the Cash+, if I get approved for that, can they revoke it if I app spree the discover, barclay and CapOne?

Message 3 of 17
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your response.

Well I have everything on autopay, but the 0% on minimum, if paying the whole balance instead, will the score boost more?

Yeah, I feel like I can get the Discover IT now, but if I do, I'll have to wait even longer to get the Cash+. 

I eventually want to limit down to:

Citi Forward

Citi Dividends MC

Amex Blue Cash

Amex Blue Flight preferred ($75 annual fee, $100 airline allowance)

(nice to have 2, can take advantage of loading offers twice, one by Facebook, other by Twitter)

Chase Freedom (CLI $100, to total 5k so i can get Visa Signature)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USBank Cash+

Discover IT

Barclay UPromise (8% cashback at many major sites)

Maybe a CapOne just for traveling outside USA or some sites that charge in a different currency?

Starting with the Cash+, if I get approved for that, can they revoke it if I app spree the discover, barclay and CapOne?

By carrying balances from month to month you are probably taking a bit of a fico score hit because your utilization is likely a bit high.

For fico scoring, the ideal thing to do is let one card report a balance of 1-9% with all the others showing a zero balance. Your scores will see a nice jump if you do this so I would recommend trying to do it when you are planning on applying for additional credit.

You can still use as many cards as you want each month, you should just pay each balance in full a few days before each of your statement closing dates

Edit to add- I don't know much about us bank but I doubt they would take adverse action just for opening a few new accounts after they approve you for the cash+

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 4 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called and I told them my last account was opened in June and they said apply anytime in december

That answers my question before I was about to make another post that 6 months between inquries =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

US Bank isn't inquiry friendly then I suspect after reading this post. I would keep my UTL down if you are planning to app for the card again. CCCs don't like to see large balances when they review your file. And they can see if your balance reported a previous month. They have no idea you are in a promotional period therefore only paying the min b/c you can but you do.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I'm interested in Cash +...  what's the score requirement? 

I wouldn't want the platinum rewards... should I wait til next year?  I have the following baddies:

Judgment showing only on EX, 2007 (disputing it as we speak, as it was dismissed)

90 day late on Wells Fargo card in 2006 (this falls off next year)

Collection 2009 (bill was sent to wrong address)

Does your report have to be spotless?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

I wouldn't want the platinum rewards... should I wait til next year?  I have the following baddies:

Judgment showing only on EX, 2007 (disputing it as we speak, as it was dismissed)

Creditpull database from creditboards the lowest approval was at 730, and they don't like to approve under 765 from what I hear, the pull databases pretty much confirms that. Probably one of the hardest cards to get, although if you get declined you'll get countered with a lesser card, and chance to upgrade in 6 months from what I've been told.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Creditpull database from creditboards the lowest approval was at 730, and they don't like to approve under 765 from what I hear, the pull databases pretty much confirms that. Probably one of the hardest cards to get, although if you get declined you'll get countered with a lesser card, and chance to upgrade in 6 months from what I've been told.

Oh wow! US Bank is conservative aren't we? I would have been flat out denied had I applied then. LOL. I'd like to get this card in the future. I like the idea of choosing your own categories during cashback promos.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 9 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@maiden_girl wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Oh wow! US Bank is conservative aren't we? I would have been flat out denied had I applied then. LOL. I'd like to get this card in the future. I like the idea of choosing your own categories during cashback promos.

Thanks for the info Smiley Wink   I won't be applying for a while Smiley Wink

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.