Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to remain in Garden

tag
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Trying to remain in Garden

So, I'm trying right.... Then I log into my Chase account and see the attached.. I've never seen verbage on my account like this before. Plus a fixed APR to boot (better than my Chase Freedom %). I've had the green check marks but never this clear and I'm also over 5/24. Almost a year and a half ago I was approved for the CSP (NO HP).  Then in May 2018 I PC'd my CSP to Freedom. I would love to get this FU and DUMP my WF Propel card in a hearbeat. Propel (only 2 months old) is at $16k cl at 20 something percent @ with promotional 0% interest. CFU is $17k @ 16 something percent. DANG IT CHASE!

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 11.26.41 PM.png

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to remain in Garden

WOW. Just when you thought you were safe. lol

Message 2 of 12
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

I'm not gonna lie, not sure how to pass that up Smiley Tongue.  The pain is real on this one.....    

Message 3 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OMG OP, Congrats!

This is GREATTTTTTT

Yep, I would definitely come out of the garden for that.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The worst that could happen is that Chase is lying and you get two hard pulls and a denial. I only bring this up because the worst isn't all that bad. It looks like a good offer to me. I'd take it. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Ironically, the only card out there that I'm really missing is the Freedom (5% categories), and I have to say if I got this offer for either Freedom I would jump on it in a heartbeat.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOW are you so lucky to get that!? Any tips on how to get a prequal like that from Chase?

Do you have a checking/savings with them? Private Client? Etc.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm super jealous. I'm only "gardening" because I want to get back under 5/24 so I can pick up a Freedom. It's literally the only card I want now. Had one for many years, PCed it to CSP so I could transfer UR points to a travel partner for an upcoming trip. The DAY I'm officially back under 5/24 I'm applying for a new Freedom. 

If I saw an offer like this for a Freedom, I'd leap over the garden fence in glee and run away shouting praises to the credit card gods. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's a huge limit on that card! Congrats
Message 9 of 12
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Thanks. I came over to Chase from purchase of Washington Mutual a few years back. I don't have Private Client but, in August an in-branch manager had asked me what I was doing with this cashiers check for BofA. Buying a car?. I said "Walking across the street to put it in a Merrill Edge Account becase Chase isn't doing anything for me @ .000000000006% intrest on funds saved in a regurlar ole savings account.

Since then I've had a few pre-aprovals for CSP come and go. Definately not in this verbage. So back to the in-branch manager at Chase. She said I'll have to look into why you have never had a banker contact you (customer relations, like handlers I guess?). FAST FORWARD

I did it. I called last night to see who they used to run my credit and the guy said Expierian. So I unfreeze Experian, waited 30 min and ran the app. Boom, 30 day notice. I was like whaaaa? So, this afternoon I called Chase Lending from the Back Door Numbers @ 888-270-2127 and they said sorry but your TU is frozen and call us Directly when you UnFreeze your TU at Chase Lending @ 877-260-0087. When I called back, I read back my verification code, and the lady said instantly (no delay or hesitation) congradulation on your FU approval. 

As far as 5/24. I'm not sure what counts and what doesn't as that but I am at - 7/24

Thanks  MyFico Peeps!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.