Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turned down Cap1 CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turned down Cap1 CLI

Well, I got a little antsy and requested a CLI on my QS MC at the beginning of August via the luv button, got the 2-3 day message, and was declined because my account was too new.  I've had the card for two months,  and only one statement had posted at the time, and was PIF.

My second statement just posted on the 5th, and was PIF the day it cut. Tonight I am trying to keep at bay a desire to app (which I will probably post about in a minute), so I figured, what the heck, let's just try the luv button again. Cap1 instantly approved me for a hefty $250 CLI, which I declined. Guess I will wait til third statement is PIF, then try again! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Turned down Cap1 CLI

Congrats and glad to hear you said no!  Poo on those measly limits they're trying to hand out!  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I got a little antsy and requested a CLI on my QS MC at the beginning of August via the luv button, got the 2-3 day message, and was declined because my account was too new.  I've had the card for two months,  and only one statement had posted at the time, and was PIF.

My second statement just posted on the 5th, and was PIF the day it cut. Tonight I am trying to keep at bay a desire to app (which I will probably post about in a minute), so I figured, what the heck, let's just try the luv button again. Cap1 instantly approved me for a hefty $250 CLI, which I declined. Guess I will wait til third statement is PIF, then try again! Smiley Happy

you showed them! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to confess, I sat there thinking for a second before I said no! Hopefully it will pay off when I try again after my 3rd or 4th statement.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My brother-n-law was approved for a CLI for the same $ amount. I told him to decline it. We will see what the future holds.

Message 5 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

CLI's are determined based on what you qualify for.  If you're getting denied or small CLI's then you need to work on the issues with your credit profile.  The denial, low CLI and the scores in your signatures are all indcative of concerns with your credit profile.  Don't just assume that turning down a small CLI and waiting means that you'll get a bigger one.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My brother-n-law was approved for a CLI for the same $ amount. I told him to decline it. We will see what the future holds.

Awesome! I hope he gets a better offer next time. I believe I've read on here of that happening. I have Credit Steps in about 4 months, so I will try again before since I've heard you can get an increase and still get Credit Steps. If they offer me more when I put in the next request that will be cool, but if they come back with $250 again I may as well take it.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

CLI's are determined based on what you qualify for.  If you're getting denied or small CLI's then you need to work on the issues with your credit profile.  The denial, low CLI and the scores in your signatures are all indcative of concerns with your credit profile.  Don't just assume that turning down a small CLI and waiting means that you'll get a bigger one.

Thank you for reiterating that. Yes, BK is a pretty big issue with my credit file, but one that I can only work on with time and good credit behavior.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.