Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turned down a Cap1 $K increase...feeling indifferent

tag
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Re: Turned down a Cap1 $K increase...feeling indifferent

@Anonymous wrote:

I would've taken it in a heartbeat because of my thinner file but you know what's best for you. Wait it out until after all your Synchrony limits are reported and see how it goes from there.

Lol. I know the feeling. Im still in the rebuild process so Ill take anything. But Cap1 is so stringent on the 6 mos thing and I didnt know if i could squeeze more from them before waiting 6 months.

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 11 of 38
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, $1,000 is not too shabby even if it might be a small percentage of your limit. Personally, Capital One hasn't given me jack so I would've taken anything haha. I think I've been denied for 9 CLI requests.

Crap! Face palm. Yall are laying it on thick! Lol. But look at your credit profile! Thats a solid profile, Id take that over mine.  I do know that Cap1 says my account isnt eligible for a PC, theyve said no to that 9 times! Lol. I NEED that product change to avoid the AF. 

Message 12 of 38
myjourney
Super Contributor

Cap1 known for the most part as being the giver of 200-500 Cli's you said no to 1k after turning down $200 last week Lol

All I can say is 

Girl.......Melanie.....what were you thinking Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 38
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

That's not a bad increase. If they offer that again when you request I'd just accept it and move on.

Also, what's the current limit on the card?

Now, Im really second guessing it. As I was telling QuietPlease, 6 months is a long time to sit on a $1K increase that could have been higher.  Less than 7 days ago, my CLI offer was $200. So I was wondering if it would go higher. Smiley Embarassed I hope that isnt a bad idea.  Its currently only at $2100 and Ive had the card for 1 year. 

I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you worry. What I mean is next time you ask for a request and you don't see the amount increase I would accept it. You've done good already getting it from $200 to $1000. You never know, it may be a lot more next time you request!

AFAIK a 50% increase (well 48% actually) isn't bad on a CLI. You'll see as your CL gets bigger it'll slowly start decreasing from 50%. At least that's usually what happens. There are always outliers of course Smiley Wink

Lol. Thank you for the clarification and reassurance.  When you say it like that, you make a good point.  I basically turned down a 48% credit limit. Crap!!! Lol. I'll take whatever they offer next time and sit in the corner! Thank you!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 38
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

That's not a bad increase. If they offer that again when you request I'd just accept it and move on.

Now, Im really second guessing it. As I was telling QuietPlease, 6 months is a long time to sit on a $1K increase that could have been higher.  Less than 7 days ago, my CLI offer was $200. So I was wondering if it would go higher. Smiley Embarassed I hope that isnt a bad idea.  Its currently only at $2100 and Ive had the card for 1 year. 

I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you worry. What I mean is next time you ask for a request and you don't see the amount increase I would accept it. You've done good already getting it from $200 to $1000. You never know, it may be a lot more next time you request!

AFAIK a 50% increase (well 48% actually) isn't bad on a CLI. You'll see as your CL gets bigger it'll slowly start decreasing from 50%. At least that's usually what happens. There are always outliers of course Smiley Wink

Lol. Thank you for the clarification and reassurance.  When you say it like that, you make a good point.  I basically turned down a 48% credit limit. Crap!!! Lol. I'll take whatever they offer next time and sit in the corner! Thank you!! Smiley Very Happy

You're welcome. You did the right thing by asking the question. We'll always be here to help. 

Hell, at this point I'd be thrilled to have a $1K increase on my card and that's just under 3% increase. However, I feel I've reached all the exposure they are willing to give me, which is fine. I don't expect much more out of the card I have. My situation is different from yours though. 

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do!

Personal:

Business:

Message 15 of 38
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Cap1 known for the most part as being the giver of 200-500 Cli's you said no to 1k after turning down $200 last week Lol

All I can say is 

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!! Well dang...I have really messed up. Lol. Ok, the next time I apply for one which will be either right before the statement cuts on the 28th (to report to the bureaus) or first of May after my Sync accounts update, so they can look and say, "They gave her a $5K and $10K limit, lets follow suit!!!" Thats my logic anyway! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 38
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

You're welcome. You did the right thing by asking the question. We'll always be here to help. 

Hell, at this point I'd be thrilled to have a $1K increase on my card and that's just under 3% increase. However, I feel I've reached all the exposure they are willing to give me, which is fine. I don't expect much more out of the card I have. My situation is different from yours though. 

Lol. I saww your $36L limit and was instantly excited for you and jealous! Lol. Smiley WinkThats amazing! Especially in such short time!!! Thank you so very much for all of your input! I will most certainly report back!!! 

Message 17 of 38
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Lol. I saww your $36L limit and was instantly excited for you and jealous! Lol. Smiley WinkThats amazing! Especially in such short time!!! Thank you so very much for all of your input! I will most certainly report back!!! 

You're very welcome! Don't worry in time you'll get up there! The way to get up there is to accept increases and not decline them Smiley Wink (Sorry just had to. Totally kidding). In fairness I did combine 2 cards to get that limit because I was tired of managing 3 cards from them and tired of not getting CLI's on any of them...haha. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 18 of 38
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

All I can say is 

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!! Well dang...I have really messed up. Lol. Ok, the next time I apply for one which will be either right before the statement cuts on the 28th (to report to the bureaus) or first of May after my Sync accounts update, so they can look and say, "They gave her a $5K and $10K limit, lets follow suit!!!" Thats my logic anyway! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

If only it worked that way...  Smiley Happy   

Message 19 of 38
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

You're very welcome! Don't worry in time you'll get up there! The way to get up there is to accept increases and not decline them Smiley Wink (Sorry just had to. Totally kidding). In fairness I did combine 2 cards to get that limit because I was tired of managing 3 cards from them and tired of not getting CLI's on any of them...haha. 

Lol. Thats a good one!!! Accepting CLI is definitely a must!! Smiley Wink I cant wait until i can combine cards. i have to close my secured card first and then re-app. I have my eyes set on a venture card, but gotta wait until this mortgage process is over. Managing 1 card seems alot easier and that limit is very nice!!! 

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.