Did you mean: 

Two Amazon Visa's?

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Two Amazon Visa's?

@Anonymous wrote:

DO NOT DO IT. NO NO NO NO NO.

It is way easier to get free money than to do that.Get the Bank of America Better Balance Rewards, and you can get either $25 or $30 free every 3 months.

If you dont think your scores are good enough for that, lets look at your options here.  How many inquiries do you have? And what is your utilization? Any bad items?  Your scores are good enough to get in with Amex. Does your income support spending of $333 a month for 3 months? If so, get the non credit card charge card Amex PRG. You spend 1 grand in 90 days and get 50k mr points great for travel redemption (worth a grand on average!) plus you get 4 free $50 airline gift cards.  You should register for delta skymiles if you fly and go to deltaamexcard.com enter your number and last name and see if a 50k mile offer pops up. If not, google Amex Delta Gold 35k from a private browser. Apply for that, then apply for the PRG (google prg 50k from a private window)

End result, Spend 2 grand in 90 days, 1 inquiry instead of the potential 2 with chase, and then end up with $1200 in travel plus 35-60k delta miles.

I have seen a few credit union cards with sign up bonuses, like spend $100 get $100.... but why do that? If you have had your slate for more than a year you would probably qualify for their IHG card. You get $50 free with it. And u could get 4-16 free nights with that.

Whatever you do, dont go for this card. A credit inquiry is worth about 400 or  more in potential free stuff if used wisely...

My overall UTL is 7 percent. I have two baddies, but those I'm not worried about as they are pretty old. I have 19 inquiries on EX, and Chase has pulled them for me almost exclusively with one double pull with EQ a year ago. I had an Amex ED and BCE but closed them both three months ago as Amex refused to raise my limits. I applied for the BoA BBR three months ago and was denied with an offer for a secured card instead. One significant baddie has fallen off since then and my UTL is much lower but somehow I doubt I'd get approved for the BBR if I tried again.

Message 11 of 29
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

I'm attempting to chat with Amazon, on hold. They have great service so if the chat rep tells me I'm eligible, even if I'm not they'll honor it. Trying to give myself a safety net here Smiley Happy

Amazon or Chase?    It will be Chase that approves or denies I would think.

Obviously personal opinion but I don't think that a new line and inq is worth $70.   (Actually, IMO very little is worth doing for $70, it really is a tiny amount!   But I agree people do seem to get excited by small bonuses as it seems "free")

Right, it will obviously be Chase that approves or denies, but I wanted to check wth Amazon first to make sure if upon approval I'll get the gift card. When I got my first Amazon Visa a year ago I got a 50 dollar gift card, just wanted to make sure that wouldn't ruin anything.

Message 12 of 29
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Okay just called Chase, I was told you cannot have two of the same card. I did a search before I posted this thread and found someone talking about getting approved for two Freedom cards, that's why I asked. It was from years ago though so it seems Chase changed policy.

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dapps06 wrote:

Okay just called Chase, I was told you cannot have two of the same card. I did a search before I posted this thread and found someone talking about getting approved for two Freedom cards, that's why I asked. It was from years ago though so it seems Chase changed policy.

Ahh, a no go then.  At least you didn't waste a hardpull.  Thanks for the valuable data.

Message 14 of 29
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

No problem, definitely glad I called first. I've become so use to Cap One allowing multiple cards I just assumed everyone let you do this.

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dapps06 wrote:

No problem, definitely glad I called first. I've become so use to Cap One allowing multiple cards I just assumed everyone let you do this.

Chase is tightening the purse strings....

Message 16 of 29
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

You can always app for a QS card or a BOA cash rewards. Both are offering 100 back on 500 in spend in three months so it beats the 70 dollars anyway.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

adding another 3 inquiries for a 4th capital one card is absurd, especially given OPs high inquiries already.

@Jeff532003 wrote:
You can always app for a QS card or a BOA cash rewards. Both are offering 100 back on 500 in spend in three months so it beats the 70 dollars anyway.

Message 18 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jeff532003 wrote:

OP stated that they think it's the other way round: $70 for nothing (or very little) beats $100 for $500

Message 19 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@dapps06 wrote:

Some people were able to get 2 freedoms in two different ways, and I think one still applies:

1) PC from another card (when you already have a Freedom).   As far as I know, this is still allowed

2) Freedom came in Visa and in MC, generally at different times.   Chase considered them different products, so if you had one you could apply for the other.   Pretty sure this is dead

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.