Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Chase Cards within a Week: FAIL!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Chase Cards within a Week: FAIL!

I apped (10/3) & instantly approved for Zappos Visa from Chase, decided to risk a hard inq by apping for the Chase Freedom on 10/10 and got the "notify you within 30 days" thing. Decided to call the backdoor number and after being on the phone with a super sweet rep for 10 minutes, NOPE! They won't budge. She said my debt has gone up "aggressively" the past 18 months and I should try when my cards that have balances, go down.

*sigh* OH WELL. I'll be trying again in summer 2013.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Re: Two Chase Cards within a Week: FAIL!

What was your Utilization? My scores are similar to yours and i was denied for the Freedom but approved after recon, my Utilization was somewhere around 20-30%.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Per Experian, I'm using 34% of my overall credit. She also mentioned my delinquency I have which I explained to her was a medical bill that I paid in 2009 and it's scheduled to disappear within the next year. I still have a copy of my Experian credit report from 2009 and it says the medical collection is shceduled to be taken off June 2013, which makes me even happier. Disappointed the recon didn't work, it was my first time doing one too!

Message 3 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Have you tried a 2nd recon? 34% isn't that high of util. but it isn't good either when apping for new credit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Have you tried a 2nd recon? 34% isn't that high of util. but it isn't good either when apping for new credit.

Chase told my brother that they like to see less than 30%. He also had a late payment within six months though. There is no harm in trying again, but I would wait until utilisation goes down and the delinquency comes off for better chances at a nicer limit.

Message 5 of 7
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

You should try reconing again. 34% UTL isnt that high and if your only collection is your medical bill...I don't see why they wouldn't approve you.

I had the same issue a few days ago. Applied for Chase Freedom and was instantly approved. Few days later...applied for Chase Amazon and got the 30 message. It was approved the next day without reconn.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 7
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Hey who did chase pull when you appplied for zappos visa? and what was your credit score. thanks!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.