Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Credit Cards Through NFCU

tag
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Two Credit Cards Through NFCU

So, I got cashrewards credit card through NFCU, for 5K, without verifying income.

Hoping to up my utilization, (The 3K navcheck is also helping) and know they are generous with limits. Is it possible to apply for one of their other credit cards, with out any negative repercussions? I have no intentions of  using the card. I don't even max out my cashrewards card.

I don't want it to be like a Kay/Jared situation where they split the 5k between the two cards.

Anyone have any experience with this.

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: Two Credit Cards Through NFCU

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

So, I got cashrewards credit card through NFCU, for 5K, without verifying income.

Hoping to up my utilization, (The 3K navcheck is also helping) and know they are generous with limits. Is it possible to apply for one of their other credit cards, with out any negative repercussions? I have no intentions of  using the card. I don't even max out my cashrewards card.

I don't want it to be like a Kay/Jared situation where they split the 5k between the two cards.

Anyone have any experience with this.

I only have the one card with them, but I have heard anecdotally from others that they will approve two. No idea what they do with the limits. Be sure it is worth the HPs that they will surely generate.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 2 of 16
adavis425
Established Contributor

I have two cards from them which I got about two months apart. I apped online with no problem, no questions. HTH.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 3 of 16
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

You would be better off just asking them for an increase on your existing CC. No need for another account if you don't really need it.
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 4 of 16
pinoyscorpion951
New Contributor

I applied and got accepted as an NFCU member in September of this year. A few days later, I applied for both the nRewards Mastercard and Cash Rewards Visa. I got denied for both 24 hours after I applied. I immediately sent a recon letter via their online system and was reconsidered the following day for both cards with a 5000 limit each. I was shocked since I was barely 1 year post bk. I almost pulled the trigger on Navcheck but I thougt that would be pushing it. Fast forward to just 2 days ago which was my one month anniversary with NFCU and I requested a credit limit increase on the Visa. Their online system asked me how much I wanted to request and just for giggles hit 15,000. I was expecting to get denied outright since its only been a month or a counter offer for something much less. When I hit submit.....The next screen that popped up indicated that my request was approved and that my new limit was available and had posted to my account. God I love NFCU! I'm thinking about trying the Mastercard now, but again I dont want to push it. Maybe next month.

Message 5 of 16
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Maybe I should try the love button...they'll probably tell me no as I don't use it and when I did use it, I barely charged 500 on it

I know BOA denied me an increase because they said I don't use what I got and my baddies on TU...

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 6 of 16
indecison
Regular Contributor

I joined on September 28th and got the Cash rewards card for 5 K plus got Navcheck for 10K. This week I decided to hit them for a CLI on the Cash Rewards card. I got the 3 to 5 day message so I immediatley sent a message with my paystubs and bank statements. They approved the request to 10K on the card within a few hours of sending the message. All of this to say I would hit the love button on the current card if I were you.

Message 7 of 16
princechristian
Regular Contributor

Shopping cart trick??? PM if necessary.

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

Message 8 of 16
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Ok, would your exposure be increased? Is there a possibility, they won't give me a CLI on my current card, but will give me another card.

The same way GE(as a bank), won't increase your CLI, but will be happy to increase your exposure with them, with another store card, from a different store.

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 9 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

what is Navcheck? =x

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.