cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't see $100 bonus for upgrading option.

Ron.

Message 11 of 327
Open123
Super Contributor

On the "compare cards," there's a bonus for first time Preferred Cash holders for $100 cash back if they spend $500 in the first 60 days.  I'm not sure if upgrades qualify, but I've heard of CSRs giving the promos to cardholders who upgrade.

I'm definitely getting this card.  6% for groceries the next year with the $100 cash back is a no brainer.  Best deal I've seen in quite some time.

Message 12 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

No $100 bonus if upgrading. It didn't show it when I compared the cards. I think I have to apply from scratch to get the bonus.

Ron.

Message 13 of 327
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Whoa, 6% on groceries, all the time, no tiers??

Although the fee works sort of like a tier, in that you have to charge $1250 on groceries to pay off the $75. ($75 = 6% of $1,250.) But for a family that has high grocery bills, that might be just 2-3 months' worth of shopping. I don't eat out much, and I cook from scratch, so I live at the grocery store.

OK, now I know what to do with my plain-Jane Blue that I was getting ready to close!!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

I called them to convert my Blue to Blue Cash Everyday Card this morning. She told me I was the first one to convert the card. I think they checked my account history before they upgraded. I don't buy enough groceries for the annual fee and I also have my Costco Amex and Simply Cash for gasoline purchases.

Ron.

Message 15 of 327
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

for the very first time, i am interested in a card with an annual fee. cant upgrade yet, and am already close to my 6500 tier for 5 percent cash back. congrats ron1 for being the first to upgrade.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 16 of 327
Open123
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I called them to convert my Blue to Blue Cash Everyday Card this morning. She told me I was the first one to convert the card. I think they checked my account history before they upgraded. I don't buy enough groceries for the annual fee and I also have my Costco Amex and Simply Cash for gasoline purchases.

Ron.

Congrats!

Ok, you've got to be listed on their site as "FIRST" person to ever upgrade to the new card. 

On the $75 fee, after the $100 bonus, can't you just down grade the next year if your spending doesn't commensurate with the extra benefits accrued by the fee?

Message 17 of 327
Open123
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Whoa, 6% on groceries, all the time, no tiers??

No tiers, aside from the $75 fee.  But, if you spend $500 in the next 60 days, you get $100 cash back.  You have the card at 6% for the next year + net $25.  Next year, downgrade to the no fee card for 3% if your spending doesn't justify the fee, right?

Message 18 of 327
DI
Super Contributor

I'm still not convinced to make the switch. 

Message 19 of 327
MrShush
Valued Contributor

where does it mention the $100 bonus?! Icannot find it. I do also have the preferred card in my upgrade your membership pile, but my card is only a few months old.  

Message 20 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.