cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

@MrShush wrote:

where does it mention the $100 bonus?! Icannot find it. I do also have the preferred card in my upgrade your membership pile, but my card is only a few months old.  

Clear your browser cookies.  Go to the main site and select compare "cash back" cards.  You'll see three of them.  Listed under the comparison, the Preferred card offers $100 cash back if you spend $500 over the next 60 days.

It is conditional upon your being a "new" Cash Preferred card holder, just as only first time Platinum holders are eligible for their 50k or 100k promos.

Message 21 of 327
daytrade5
Contributor

@DI wrote:

I'm still not convinced to make the switch. 

I second that............

Message 22 of 327
mahendra82
Contributor

Can anyone suggest how I can convince AMEX to go around the 13 month waiting period for a PC? Thanks

Message 23 of 327
daytrade5
Contributor

@mahendra82 wrote:

Can anyone suggest how I can convince AMEX to go around the 13 month waiting period for a PC? Thanks

No clue, but when you find out please enlighten us all!

Message 24 of 327
BP2003
Regular Contributor

@mahendra82 wrote:

lol...I just tried....no luck.

The worst part is I had a blue cash and cancelled it last friday (4/22).  My new app for the Preferred Blue Cash was cancelled because I opened a HHonors and Preferred Blue Sky within the past 2 months....apparently you can only app for 2 cards of the same type within 90 days (2 credit cards and 2 charge cards max).  So, I basically cancelled my opportunity to PC to the preferred blue cash.

***From ashy to classy***
Message 25 of 327
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I really want to app for the preferred. AF or not, its a really good option. We average 120 a week in groceries and at 6%, we are talking a lot of cashback. A new app is the only way I could claim the $100 bonus since my current Blue is only a few months old. The CSR did say lines could be transferred between cards however. I do NOT want to risk FR.

Hate typing on phones...
Message 26 of 327
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Whoa, Nellie!!!

I called in to make the switch from my Blue, which would have counted as an upgrade, and the CSR started explaining all the ins and outs.

There is still a $6500 threshhold on the Preferred. Until you hit that, it's 1% on groceries and 0.5% on everything else. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

This is NOT on the website, and I did (nicely) tell him that they might want to get that on the website, or they'll be getting a lot of angry phone calls. He apologized (we love our AmEx CSR's), and said that the program info that you get does talk about the threshhold.

Has anyone gotten the Preferred (the one with the $75 fee), and they did not tell you that there's still a threshhold?

eta: called back and went through another 3 or 4 reps, until I found one ("Bill", with a very strong South Asian accent Smiley Very Happy) who was very clear on the details.

There is NO $6500 tier or whatever on the Preferred. There was one on the original Blue Cash, and I couldn't understand what he was saying about the non-fee version of the new Blue Cash, so those of you who are interested should wrestle your CSR down to the ground on this one.

Furthermore, it will take the usual 7-10 days for the card to arrive, but he said that if I wait 24-48 hours for the account to convert, I can use my physical plain Blue card and get the Preferred Blue Cash rewards, as long as the new account is showing online.

Account number will stay the same, history, etc etc. It's a program change (if you upgrade from any Blue product, including Blue Sky), so nothing should change on the credit reports. As this is the upgrade, I'm not getting the $100. I'm no good at sweet-talking CSR's, lol. But I'm happy with what I've got.

hth

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 327
Open123
Super Contributor

Here's what is says on their website.

Annual fee pays for itself.

With 6% cash back at supermarkets, if you spend just $25 weekly at your supermarket, you can receive over $75 cash back from these purchases alone.

Unless the CSR was confused, that's quite a misleading bit of promo.

Message 28 of 327
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Whoa, Nellie!!!

I called in to make the switch from my Blue, which would have counted as an upgrade, and the CSR started explaining all the ins and outs.

There is still a $6500 threshhold on the Preferred. Until you hit that, it's 1% on groceries and 0.5% on everything else. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

This is NOT on the website, and I did (nicely) tell him that they might want to get that on the website, or they'll be getting a lot of angry phone calls. He apologized (we love our AmEx CSR's), and said that the program info that you get does talk about the threshhold.

Has anyone gotten the Preferred (the one with the $75 fee), and they did not tell you that there's still a threshhold?

According to the website, there is no spending minimum.  "No spend minimum and no enrollment fees"  See below screen shot:

Message 29 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

I went back to Amex website and read it both of the card terms again. It didn't see mentioning about the tier rate term.  The Amex CSR may be confused with the old Blue Cash because both products has been out less than a day. I'm sure a lot of people switching from other Blue to that one.

Ron.

Message 30 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.