cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Today, it show me I can upgrade to Platinum, Blue Sky Preferred and Blue Cash Preferred under Upgrade Your Membership.  It looks like Amex want me to pay more money on the annual fees for their cards.  Blue Cash Everyday Card looks like branded new account  and now "Transfer available credit  to other cards" is gone. The rest of other cards are the same and I still have "Select And Pay Later" option on my Amex PR Gold Card. I wonder if I can use my old Blue while I'm waiting for Blue Cash Everyday. If I use, will I earn rewards towards my new card? Did anyone try use his old card? Do I have to call them to find out or click my spending ability?

Ron.

Per the CSR I wound up with, as soon as it shows as the new card type in your online account, you can use your current card (the physical plain Blue) and get the rewards from the new program with it. Everything will stay the same on your reports --same account number, same opening date, same credit limit. It's just that you've switched from the Blue rewards to Blue Cash rewards. Once the new card comes, you can use that and cut up the old one.

I went with the Blue Cash Preferred, and it's still showing as an upgrade option on my account, along with Blue Sky Preferred.

As you say, they love to offer the fee cards.

I didn't mind using up my points. I'd been telling myself that I needed to do so anyway, and go ahead and close out the Blue. Glad I procrastinated! Smiley Very Happy --but at least I sort of had an idea what I might want for my gi-normous number of points (7369, woo-hoo)

Thanks for the info.  I know they want you to take the card with annual fee.  I haven't tried to use it my old Blue and I heard they didn't let you the old card when they sent out the new card. I'm going to buy some apps from iTunes to see if it works. By the way, Blue Cash Preferred Card may show up for  while or until first statement cuts. It happened to my Zync.  

Ron.

Message 91 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just used my current plain Blue Amex card at ITunes and it's sill working. They used to block it when you requested the replacement card. 

Ron.

Message 92 of 327
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the limits like on these cards? I was approved online for the blue cash preferred but it hasn't shown up in my account yet.

Message 93 of 327
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

I am tempted to apply for the Blue Cash preferred for the 6% groceries and 3% gas in conjunction with my PR Gold. Use the Blue Cash for cash back then use that cash back to purchase airline tickets with my PR Gold earning 3x points (and earning more to transfer to FF programs). I would also keep every other purchase on my PR Gold. I am probably moving out of the parents house to my own in a month so it will be my first time purchasing groceries. I wonder if this would be worth it. (How many points I would sacrifice by not using the PR Gold for gas and groceries).

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 94 of 327
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Does AX pull all 3 CBs? or just EQ?

Message 95 of 327
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Usually just EX -- but sometimes others.

Message 96 of 327
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Message 97 of 327
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

Usually just EX -- but sometimes others.

Lol, I only have 3 hard inquiries on my EX last 2 yrs.....note to self "don't do it". haha.

Message 98 of 327
craig10x
Regular Contributor

I currently have the Amex Blue (with the membership rewards) and i have only had the account for about 3 months...The CSR told me i could convert immediately to the old Blue Cash if i want or wait a week and next Friday i should be able to convert to the new Blue Cash Everyday card (the no annual fee version) which is what i would like...

She said although the option is already available to convert to the fee based card, the cards are brand new and they haven't had a chance yet to get the no fee one into the system as an option to upgrade to...

Since i told her i would prefer the new card (since i don't spend enough to take advantage of the old Blue Cash) she said i should just call the end of next week instead and they should be able to do it for me at that time... Smiley Happy

When i log into my account and go to the cards section to look at other available products, i do see the option to upgrade to the fee one but not yet to upgrade to the no-fee one (only apply for a new one)....according to her, that should be in the system by next friday....

So, should this mean i would be able to change it over without waiting 13 months?  I sure hope so,as i would love to have this...it would should be the 5% for only 3 months i get on Supermarkets from my Chase Freedom Card... 3% year round would be a MUCH better deal for me...Hope she was giving me accurate information...anyone know?  Feedback appreciated...Thanks

Message 99 of 327
lenz99
New Contributor

@mahendra82 wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

So I'm guessing no one had any success PC'ing a young card (<13 months)...

I'm dying to app for this one. I know this will replace my Discover More as my weapon of choice in my arsenal.

I tried again and informed her that the 13-month rule only applies to product changes that incur changes in fee or rates. She doubled check and told me this was correct. Unfortunately, the only PC available in the system were Blue Cash and Blue. She told me to try checking back a week from now to see if it appears as an option.  

So this means one can change to blue cash everyday without waiting 13 months? the restriction is for blue cash preferred only as it has an AF. Is it correct?

Message 100 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.