cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

@Ron1 wrote:

Craig,

You can apply CLI after six months and I don't know they reset time to zero after product change. I heard you can request CLI up to 3X. I never tried it.

Ron.

You can apply for a CLI after only 60 days with a new card... however, they will only grant ONE credit line increase every 6 months.  So if you have 2 cards, you can request a CLI on one card, and then would have to wait 6 months to request another CLI on the other.

Message 311 of 327
craig10x
Regular Contributor

Oh i will, Ron Smiley Wink

In fact, i took the older card out of my wallet and will just be carrying the new card to avoid confusion...

The old card will be in the drawer but have that one auto-payment done each month on it, to keep it active...

Thanks Jager for the information...that shouldn't be a problem because if you have been following my story here (lol), I would just need a CLI on the new Everyday card...My old card (the Blue card with had memberships rewards which i just converted to Blue Cash Rebate) has the BIG LINE on it (the $10,000) which they said can't be transferred for 13 months...

It's only the new Everyday card that i could really use a bit of boost on, since that will be my active card and it only has $2000 on it ($5000 would be great)...

So i would be aiming for just a $3000 increase on it after 60 days...

Next March i will have the older Blue Card for 13 months and a THAT TIME would move the line over to the Everyday card and close that old one...

Message 312 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

Craig,

It's a good idea to take the older card out of wallet to avoid confusion. Every time I ask for cli and I didn't ask for 2x or 3x  to avoid financial review (income verification). I usually ask for $2000 to 3000 for cli.  This month,  I only used $300 including internet bill and I hardly used 1/10 of my card CL. I think $2000 should be enough for daily use (including grocery shopping).

Ron.

Message 313 of 327
craig10x
Regular Contributor

Possible interesting development,  Ron...I hadn't yet received my new card for the Amex Blue Cash Rebate card yet (probably will be arriving this week i am sure) but  just out of curiousity, i figured there would be no harm in calling to ask if now that the card is on Blue Cash (rather then the points type card) IF i wanted to now convert it to the newer Blue Cash Everyday card would i have the option of doing so?

She checked in the computer and it appeared to now offer the option to me (probably because i am on the old cash card now) so....she put it in for me...she said ANOTHER CARD of course will be sent to me for THIS  conversion as well...she said i could active the rebate version while waiting to receive the new Everyday version....

She said it would go into effect in 24 hours...soooo...now it will be interesting to see IF it actually goes through...I should know if it worked when i check into AMEX online on Wednesday morning...

Now, if this works, i will likely close the newer Everyday card since i don't need both and would go back to using the ORIGINAL card again of course...

I'd rather have it on the $10,000 line one of course...and IF this actually works...then i won't have to wait the 13 months to move the line... Smiley Wink

I'll post here tomorrow and give you the outcome...This will be interesting...If it works i will kick myself for not trying this method in the first place Smiley Very Happy

Message 314 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

Craig,

Recently, Amex Changed their policy and you don't have to wait for 13 months for product change. A few people on this board got their product change last week.  You might want to keep the new Blue Cash card open because you already took hard inquiry.  Keep it around for paying the bills like your Blue. You may want to convert that for something else in the future.

Ron.

Message 315 of 327
mahendra82
Contributor

Yesterday was actually the first day of the system update where they allowed the PC for new accounts. I actually called the day before, and the rep was not able to change it. 

Message 316 of 327
craig10x
Regular Contributor

No wonder why it was so easy for me today...I should have known that was going to happen after a few weeks...I'll bet i could have changed over now even i had still been on standard Blue as i was originally (points card)...could have avoided opening the new account...

In that case i won't be too surprised to see my card changed over in AMEX online in the morning Smiley Wink

But i will report back in any case...If it does convert i doubt i will keep the new account for very long...One card is more then enough for me Smiley Very Happy

Besides, I have a Chase Freedom card also (which i now rarely use)...

So...three cards...not really necessary...LOL

Message 317 of 327
craig10x
Regular Contributor

I checked this morning...it's converted...i have two Blue Cash Everyday Cards now Smiley Very Happy

I think i will likely be closing the newer account shortly...too bad they won't let me move any of the line over (too new) but not a big loss...it was only $2000 anyway...

The main thing is that i have the rewards program i want along with the big credit line ($10,000) i initially received from them... Smiley Wink

Message 318 of 327
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Wow!!!! Just like that...I changed my Blue Sky Preferred card (opened 3 months ago) over to the Blue Cash Preferred card.  When the card came out before, I tried to PC on two separate occasions and was kindly denied both time.

Thanks to the previous posters for the heads up!

***From ashy to classy***
Message 319 of 327
craig10x
Regular Contributor

you are very welcome Smiley Wink

I should have had a little more patience and waited for this to happen...should have realized they would soon let even newer accounts do the switch...it was probably only because the cards were so new and they hadn't had the chance to change it in their computers...

Message 320 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.