cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two chase card cli requests- one inquiry?

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Two chase card cli requests- one inquiry?

I broke down and requested cli on my Chase Freedom that I recieved about two months ago. Credit limit went from $3000 to $6000. Hard pull. Then I got cocky and decided to request my Chase Amazon that is older (received in March) get a cli. That was denied ;( I have checked all three credit bureaus and only one inquiry? Did I just get lucky?:

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Two chase card cli requests- one inquiry?

@calihlove75 wrote:

I broke down and requested cli on my Chase Freedom that I recieved about two months ago. Credit limit went from $3000 to $6000. Hard pull. Then I got cocky and decided to request my Chase Amazon that is older (received in March) get a cli. That was denied ;( I have checked all three credit bureaus and only one inquiry? Did I just get lucky?:

Maybe, but it could just be that Chase has an internal limit for everyone as well and you reached that and it simply auto-denied you as a result without the actual formality of the pull.  I wouldn't read too much into this personally, others who have gotten multiple CLI's approved have reported multiple hard inquiries. 

Either way, 3k -> 6k on two months history with the Freedom and less than six months overall with the Amazon, that's very nice!

        
Message 2 of 3
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: Two chase card cli requests- one inquiry?

@Revelate wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

Maybe, but it could just be that Chase has an internal limit for everyone as well and you reached that and it simply auto-denied you as a result without the actual formality of the pull.  I wouldn't read too much into this personally, others who have gotten multiple CLI's approved have reported multiple hard inquiries. 

Either way, 3k -> 6k on two months history with the Freedom and less than six months overall with the Amazon, that's very nice!

You might be onto something there because I originally called the recon department to get a feel for it and I remember him telling me that it was not necessary requesting on both cards and that if I requested on my freedom the system would attempt to approve me for the max available. Then he went onto explaining I could always consolidate what is on my Amazon to the freedom. He transfered me and I just did not listen and did both. That second one came back very quick with a denial so maybe it denied it before even looking at my credit.I think you might be right!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.