cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different persons but same home address?

tag
dearppl
Contributor

Two different persons but same home address?

Hi. This is probably a dumb question, but I was hoping someone could help me to clarify this.

I signed up my Barclay card with my apartment address and got approved. Now, my roommate is also applying for a Barclay card, and he's also using our apartment address. I was wondering if Barclay is going to associate us together in any form. Say, if he misses a payment, will that affect my relationship with Barclay since we reside at the same address? 

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Two different persons but same home address?

@dearppl wrote:

Hi. This is probably a dumb question, but I was hoping someone could help me to clarify this.

I signed up my Barclay card with my apartment address and got approved. Now, my roommate is also applying for a Barclay card, and he's also using our apartment address. I was wondering if Barclay is going to associate us together in any form. Say, if he misses a payment, will that affect my relationship with Barclay since we reside at the same address? 

Thanks!!

I'd bet that it won''t matter, but it's impossible to know for certain.   Creditors have been know to take AA for many different reasons, some of which are unknown to us.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

It shouldn't.

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 3 of 7
amakol
Regular Contributor

Like your priest or doctor, your relationship is only between you and Barclays.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 4 of 7
RushXTC
Established Contributor

That's like saying my mom and/or dad would be affected by me missing a payment. Lol.

Message 5 of 7
BootStraps
Established Contributor

If you have the same name, there is potential for confusion; for example: a father and son with the same name at the same address.

If not, there shouldn't be a problem. Different names and social security numbers and all...

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
dearppl
Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@dearppl wrote:

Thanks!!

I'd bet that it won''t matter, but it's impossible to know for certain.   Creditors have been know to take AA for many different reasons, some of which are unknown to us.

I guess so. The only certain thing is that they won't report his credit onto my report.. since we all have different SSN.. But it is annoying.. because credit is one thing, relationship with a company is another..

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.