cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two exact same CCs for the same account?

tag
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Two exact same CCs for the same account?

I requested a new Citi thank you card because it comes with the new Chip & Sig. To my surprise, they sent me two exact cards in the same envelope. Same CVC, account #, exp date, everything. This is awesome because my GF can use one if I want to build points with CTY.

However I am primarily building Chase UR points. Can Chase (freedom or sapphire) send me another card with the same account/CVC #? If I request a new one because my current one is "damaged", I think they would send me a new card with SAME account # but DIFFERENT CVC. So how would this work?

Other important info: for personal reasons we can't say, My GF cannot be an authorized user on my account. using my card will be nice to help us build UR points. Also, she coincidently has the same last name as I and she'll just claim us as married if anyone asks for her ID while shopping and dining while i'm not with her.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Two exact same CCs for the same account?

Yes, you can request a cc if your other cc is 'damaged'. Even though merchants aren't supposed to ask for id if the cc is signed -some do. If her signature does not match the cc- mine doesn't- they can and will ask for her id. At that point, being the wife won't help when the cc is confiscated.

Good luck.
Message 2 of 6
broseph23
Regular Contributor

I've requested replacement cards from Chase for "damaged" ones. They've always had the same everything. Both would work just fine. If you send them a secured message and ask for it  expedited, they'll do UPS overnight shipping for free!

Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 3 of 6
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Cool, thanks peeps.
Message 4 of 6
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:
I requested a new Citi thank you card because it comes with the new Chip & Sig. To my surprise, they sent me two exact cards in the same envelope. Same CVC, account #, exp date, everything. This is awesome because my GF can use one if I want to build points with CTY.

However I am primarily building Chase UR points. Can Chase (freedom or sapphire) send me another card with the same account/CVC #? If I request a new one because my current one is "damaged", I think they would send me a new card with SAME account # but DIFFERENT CVC. So how would this work?

Other important info: for personal reasons we can't say, My GF cannot be an authorized user on my account. using my card will be nice to help us build UR points. Also, she coincidently has the same last name as I and she'll just claim us as married if anyone asks for her ID while shopping and dining while i'm not with her.

Be careful with this approach. 

I once had 2 AmEx cards with exact same card #, expiration, & CVV (I had asked for one without the RFID chip). I called AmEx regarding the 2 cards, and they said that while I could let someone else use the other one, if they detected odd spending (such as being used at 2 different gas stations at the same time) that would trigger their fraud detection team to deny the transactions & issue a new card.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 5 of 6
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Yes I just thought about that too. Thanks. Especially when I have to travel and use the card in another state, not a good idea. I'll keep an eye out.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.