Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two nice little Amex promos

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Two nice little Amex promos

1. I upgraded my BCE to BCP about a month ago. I got an offer for a $0 fee on all Plan It plans created before 9/30. So the $1k tax payment I made to hit minimum spend is now stretched over 18 months at effectively 0%. I'm surprised they offered 6/12/18 months on only $1k, as past plan offers I saw were for usually 3/6/9 months, with fees, for transactions up to $5k. Maybe transaction size isn't a big factor, after all. I also thought that Plan It had been around long enough that $0 plan fee promos were a thing of the past.

2. +2x MRs at Amazon, up to +1500 points. On a BBP, that's 4x MRs on $750 of Amazon spend.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two nice little Amex promos

Just got the Amazon offer on my Gold as well. 3X points since Gold, but still pretty happy about it.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Plan It offer as well.  I tend to ignore them since Amex is a PIF kind of creature for me.  I just keep collecitng the upgrade bonuses.  

It's nice to not have that 0.6x% tacked on though if you're going to use it.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's cool, #1 is really nice! I hope that I can get that offer too, i have a $2K Dentist bill coming up and was planing to put it on my CSP 6.99% promo. But tbhis would be much better.

Message 4 of 16
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

1. I upgraded my BCE to BCP about a month ago. I got an offer for a $0 fee on all Plan It plans created before 9/30. So the $1k tax payment I made to hit minimum spend is now stretched over 18 months at effectively 0%. I'm surprised they offered 6/12/18 months on only $1k, as past plan offers I saw were for usually 3/6/9 months, with fees, for transactions up to $5k. Maybe transaction size isn't a big factor, after all. I also thought that Plan It had been around long enough that $0 plan fee promos were a thing of the past.

2. +2x MRs at Amazon, up to +1500 points. On a BBP, that's 4x MRs on $750 of Amazon spend.

Awesome!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow that's cool, #1 is really nice! I hope that I can get that offer too, i have a $2K Dentist bill coming up and was planing to put it on my CSP 6.99% promo. But tbhis would be much better.

That's the problem with Plan-It though. You don't know what terms they will offer for a given purchase until you have already made it. 

Message 6 of 16
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I added the +2MR/$1 Amazon offer to my Gold Card as well, but still can't justify 3 MRs/$1 over the Amazon Store Card's simple 5% cash back. I'm new to Amex, though, so maybe I'm undervaluing the MR points.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 7 of 16
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

PLan It Box - Copy.JPG

Message 8 of 16
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Nice! Congrats on that. I think “creditworthiness” also plays a role in determining available plan lengths. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 16
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's the problem with Plan-It though. You don't know what terms they will offer for a given purchase until you have already made it. 

The number of months, and the APR-equivalent fee, are unknown before you make a purchase.

But Amex may tell you before the purchase has been made that a no-plan-fee promo is available. The duration options for the plan will be unknown, though.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.