Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions..Barclay and Walmart...

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Two questions..Barclay and Walmart...

Barclay: I deposited a check into my bank, written to myself to do some BT's to my Barclay card, my bank says it has already cleared and available to use but it is not reflecting in my Barclay account yet as used.  I'm scared after reading horror stories it will be sent back as returned check or something, should I wait until I see it come out of my Barclay account to use it?

Walmart: If I pay them off completely do you think I will have a better chance of getting a CLI? I have not had much luck otherwise so ran it up high and been letting it report high for a couple months and going to pay eithe completely off or less than 10%.  I've ran about 12k through a 1.5k limit card and they still won't budge, even credit solutions. 

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
blk8
Regular Contributor

Re: Two questions..Barclay and Walmart...

Barclays - It should be safe to use.

Walmart - Have you had the card for 4 months yet?

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 2 of 5
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Yes, I've had the card for over 4 months.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 3 of 5
blk8
Regular Contributor

Pay it off or make sure its under 10%. Allowing it to report high for several months is a negative indicator that you cannot handle that credit limit.

My Walmart was at a $900 limit last week and I was able to raise it to 3k the other day through credit solutions. I havent used my card for several months now and have only had it opened for 9 months.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 4 of 5
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

BLK8, what is credit solutions?  My WalMart is $500 limit and have had it over year.  40% utilization and paid off before the holidays but used it to buy gifts.  Will pay off Feb.  I would like to get that one up to $1K.  I have a JCP with GE that is $1900 CL.  Thanks, B in TX

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.