Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. BANK ALTITUDE® GO VISA SIGNATURE® CARD

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: U.S. BANK ALTITUDE® GO VISA SIGNATURE® CARD

@MoneyBurns wrote:

Yes I have an account with Fitness Bank. I use to do the steps everyday and 12,500 steps was 2.2% at the time. 

Then they lowered it to 1.75%, which I thought was too low.

As for the GO, I have Grandpa Savor, so it's almost the same card. The $15 credit less but I get 5% back on streaming from US Bank anyways, so it's not that much more of a discount.

My concern is that this sounds too good to be true, and usually if it is, gets nerfed many times before it hits the ground useless.

It's so similar to Uber Barclays, that I don't see how they're gonna keep it afloat.

How?

Well, that's real simple. Barclay tends to get rid of their own customers.

So if my choices are between low maintenance lender and Regina George Lending, I know which way I'd go. 

Message 31 of 210
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Barclay is finicky. However, US Bank has had nerfs with their Cash+ as well. So I suppose time will tell. 

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 32 of 210
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoneyBurns wrote:

Yes I have an account with Fitness Bank. I use to do the steps everyday and 12,500 steps was 2.2% at the time. 

Then they lowered it to 1.75%, which I thought was too low.

As for the GO, I have Grandpa Savor, so it's almost the same card. The $15 credit less but I get 5% back on streaming from US Bank anyways, so it's not that much more of a discount.

My concern is that this sounds too good to be true, and usually if it is, gets nerfed many times before it hits the ground useless.

It's so similar to Uber Barclays, that I don't see how they're gonna keep it afloat.

Uber was clearly meant to gauge consumer demand for restaurants to have on UberEATS. I am sure US Bank has done the math. You would be amazed how many people like to have a simplified card lineup and they will use a card like this for everything if dining is their main expense (and many Millennials do not cook, one of the few traits I actually share with my Millennial brethren, so their dining expenditures far outpace other categories). 

Message 33 of 210
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

I may, down the line, apply for this card as a back up if it stays. I have 10k+ in balance transfer and I don't want to draw unnecessary attention. 

Does US Bank have a card limit?

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 34 of 210
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Yes 4 percent on Bars. Ok friend of mine just applied for the card send a text to US bank at 96932 with Subject Apply 165rib. Got a reply with a link. This friend has an income of 100K housing expense 2,200 per month fico scores over 820. The application ask for occupation, how long at job also ask phone number of employer and how long at employer. how long at employer lot of info for creditcard. Got application pending. This friend has about 100K credit lines and mortage around 250K balance left had mortage over 15 Years on a nyc co op. Has any one been approved for card yet.

Message 35 of 210
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I find this one to be just okay. I think I could equally if not better on a Wells Fargo Propel/Visa Signature setup. Not to mention I don't think that Wells Fargo is nearly as picky as US Bank.

And if one spend less than $650 a month on dining, grocery, and gas, then the PNC Cash Rewards is a decent alternative as well.
Message 36 of 210
Eldolche

Just tried to call and do a product change, (I have 3 cash +) The agent seemed unfamiliar with the new card all together, but said there was no upgrade available to me so I'd have to apply for a new one. Once the world opens up I'll go talk to my banker in person and see what they can do for me 

Message 37 of 210
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I all ready have the US cash visa card with a 14.5K credit line since August of 2019, just paid the balance down to 0. When I applied for the card it wasinstant approval. You may be correct I do have a Wells fargo propel creditcard with a credit line of 5K should I go for the Wells fargo visa sig card that the question. correction propel has 15K limit.

Message 38 of 210
firefox100
Valued Contributor

If US bank is going to be picky about who they give this card to and looking for high credit standards then there customer base most likly will not cary a balance, how will they make a profit on a product like this with a 4 percent cash back on dining.

Message 39 of 210
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must say that I am really thinking of applying.  Nothing irritated me more than the Uber nerf.  I just need to stay away from the beer and the keyboard.

Message 40 of 210
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.