Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Altitude Connect question regarding TSA pre-check credit

tag
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

U.S. Bank Altitude Connect question regarding TSA pre-check credit

I know Navy Federal's Flagship Rewards card will give you the TSA pre-check credit ($100) for the main card AND any authorized users; so, if you have two authorized users, you can get three credits for $100 and get each of them (your spouse, your child, etc.) the TSA pre-check for that $49 annual fee.

But, what I don't know is, does the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect have the same leeway/openness?  Or, is it just one credit per account?  

The answer to this may sway which card I app for next...

Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Altitude Connect question regarding TSA pre-check credit

From U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Benefits & Offers (myvisacardportal.com)

Eligible cardholders are entitled to up to $100 in a statement credit(s) per eligible Visa Signature account number every four (4) years for completing the following qualifying transactions: Global Entry® application fee or TSA PreCheck® applications fees.  Cardholders can continue to earn up to $100 in a statement credit for application fees every 4 years. The 4 year period is based on the date of the first qualified transaction. 

So it's per account, not for each person with a card.

Message 2 of 12
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

@portlandmusician wrote:

I know Navy Federal's Flagship Rewards card will give you the TSA pre-check credit ($100) for the main card AND any authorized users; so, if you have two authorized users, you can get three credits for $100 and get each of them (your spouse, your child, etc.) the TSA pre-check for that $49 annual fee.

But, what I don't know is, does the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect have the same leeway/openness?  Or, is it just one credit per account?  

The answer to this may sway which card I app for next...

Thank you!

@longtimelurker beat me to it.  I was about to post the same page.

@portlandmusician Out of curisity, where does it say that NFCU allows multiple AU cards to use the benefit?

Message 3 of 12
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker That's what made me question it: "per eligible Visa Signature account number."  

Isn't each authorized user a new card number?

Message 4 of 12
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

@TampaBAY86 That's just it.  It has the exact same wording as U.S. Bank - " Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Cardholders are entitled to up to $100 in statement credits per eligible Visa Signature Flagship Credit Card" - so I wrote them to ask if that meant just ONE credit, or if I had two authorized users, if there would be three credits.  Customer service wrote back and said, "it would cover all three."  I am going to write them again and post the response, just for clarity.  

Message 5 of 12
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

@portlandmusician wrote:

@longtimelurker That's what made me question it: "per eligible Visa Signature account number."  

Isn't each authorized user a new card number?

Typically, they are the same account number.  All of the cards my spouse and I have each other as AUs have the same card number under the same account number.

Message 6 of 12
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

@TampaBAY86 Ah, I see.  They must have misunderstood my question, or I misunderstood the response.  Darn.  Too good to be true... thank you for clarity.

Message 7 of 12
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

@portlandmusician wrote:

@TampaBAY86 That's just it.  It has the exact same wording as U.S. Bank - " Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Cardholders are entitled to up to $100 in statement credits per eligible Visa Signature Flagship Credit Card" - so I wrote them to ask if that meant just ONE credit, or if I had two authorized users, if there would be three credits.  Customer service wrote back and said, "it would cover all three."  I am going to write them again and post the response, just for clarity.  

Very interesting.  I wonder how it works in practice.  If it is possible, I'm sure it is in the minority and likely as a benefit of a CU as opposed to a Bank.

Message 8 of 12
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

@TampaBAY86 I'm sure you're right, but I wrote them anyway to clarify.  I wish I had the old message, but it looks like they deleted it and I didn't screen shot it.  But, I felt I was very clear last time and got the answer I wanted. So, I just reiterated it and will see - and share - what they respond.  

Message 9 of 12
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@portlandmusician wrote:

@TampaBAY86 I'm sure you're right, but I wrote them anyway to clarify.  I wish I had the old message, but it looks like they deleted it and I didn't screen shot it.  But, I felt I was very clear last time and got the answer I wanted. So, I just reiterated it and will see - and share - what they respond.  

It's possible you might get that answer you wanted again, but you'll have to wait and see.

You mentioned that the wording is "exactly the same", but they are not. Assuming both languages for the cards were copied and pasted here, the Flagship Rewards says, "per eligible Visa Signature Flagship credit card", and the Altitude Connect says, "per eligible Visa Signature account number." As many pointed out, it's typically only one credit, since as the Altitude Connect says, it's one per account, and all AUs have the same account number. Since the Flagship says per credit card, it's certainly possible they were correct and AUs can get the credit, since it technically is a separate credit card. However, even if they gave you the same answer, I'd be sceptical about it until there was a DP proving all the AUs got the credit.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.