Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Dining 3x Extended

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Dining 3x Extended

DoC has reported that U.S. Bank has extended the AR's 3x multiplier on dining through June 30, 2021. 

The main landing page on the U.S. Bank website hasn't been updated yet, but once logged in you can drill-down to the card features and it's there:

USbankARDining.jpg

This banner is from here:  https://www.myvisacardportal.com/usbank/en_us/altitude/altitudereserve.html 

Here's another link that is publicly accessible that also provides the new date:  https://www.myvisacardportal.com/usbank/en_us/altitude/altitudereserve/offer-detail.html#offer/A9537... 

Like many who have the AR I have multiple payment options that are good for dining (sit-down or otherwise), but being able to get 3x for dining on the AR for an additional six months is a welcome update (especially when paying for "dining" at a drive-thru window and using a mobile wallet isn't an option).

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Dining 3x Extended

Thats a great news. I'm glad they took a moment away from peddling Altitude Go to bury that piece of important info somewhere. 

Message 2 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

Thats a great news. I'm glad they took a moment away from peddling Altitude Go to bury that piece of important info somewhere. 

I know, right? 

Between this and the somewhat obscure 1.5x multiplier when redeeming for travel via RTR I have to say U.S. Bank gets the prize for being the bank most skilled at 'burying the lede'. Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Between this and the somewhat obscure 1.5x multiplier when redeeming for travel via RTR I have to say U.S. Bank gets the prize for being the bank most skilled at 'burying the lede'. Smiley Frustrated

Numerous scientific studies (e.g. LTL et al 2019) have shown that ABSOLUTELY NO-ONE EVER  has to use the phrase "burying the lede".  They may want to, fortunately various drugs are in phase 2 trials to help with that.

Message 4 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Numerous scientific studies (e.g. LTL et al 2019) have shown that ABSOLUTELY NO-ONE EVER  has to use the phrase "burying the lede".  They may want to, fortunately various drugs are in phase 2 trials to help with that.

I want to use the phrase "burying the lede".

What does it mean?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@NRB525 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I want to use the phrase "burying the lede".

What does it mean?

It's a journalism term; from Wiktionary:  To begin a story with details of secondary importance to the reader while postponing more essential points or facts.

I use the term when referring to U.S. Bank's marketing of the Altitude Reserve card since they seemingly "bury" some of the the most interesting parts of the product in the fine-print.  As of today (11/28) they still haven't updated their primary landing page for the AR to state that the dining benefit has been extended (they still show the 12/31/2020 date).  Someone interested in the card would have no way of knowing about the extension until they applied (unless they had read it somewhere like our site).

My main reason for having the card - the 1.5x multiplier for redemptions via RTR for travel charges - is also nowhere to be found publicly on their site (at least that I can find).  Unless one happens to browse websites like this one they would have no way of knowing the multiplier even exists.  Heck, even while logged in I can't find anything referring to the multiplier.

I'm sure they have their reasons for this (that's been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere) but on the surface it seems oddly counterproductive.

Message 6 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

Heart Attack Avoidance: Altitude Reserve is not changing Real Time Rewards

Got an email this morning with three bullet points:

Dining permamently eligible for the $325 travel credit

AU Cards no fee going forward

Dining offer for 3 points through June 30, 2021 previously noted.

2021 USB AR Updates 3.jpg

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I was hoping dining would become permanent, but I'm very happy with this. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.