Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Eligibility Question g

tag
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Eligibility Question g

Before one can be approved for the Altitude Reserve Infinite credit card U.S. Bank requires a previous financial relationship or atleast they did back in 2018.   I have already heard that a having specific checking account may grant eligibility to be considered  for this card or having any of their other credit card product offerings, I am not as interested in those products.

I am outside of U.S. Bank footprint to open a depository account with them.  

I co worker of mine was able to get a auto loan with them through a dealership.

My questions is, does an auto loan grant eligibility to a person to be able have their applications for the AR considered for for approval without an immediate denial? 😅

Please be gentle.  No hard let downs, entertain me with your thoughts!

23 REPLIES 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Eligibility Question g

@Credit4Growth wrote:

Before one can be approved for the Altitude Reserve Infinite credit card U.S. Bank requires a previous financial relationship or atleast they did back in 2018.   I have already heard that a having specific checking account may grant eligibility to be considered  for this card or having any of their other credit card product offerings, I am not as interested in those products.

My questions is, does an auto loan grant eligibility to a person to be able have their applications for the AR considered for for approval without an immediate denial? 😅

I think what you're talking about is sometimes when opening Gold checking, at the very end they might "offer" a card. That's not a done deal, HP will happen, but it's a basic pre-qual based on SP. However, it wont be Attitude Reserve. 

In the past, it used to be one of Flex perk cards or Cash+, not sure what they have in rotation right now.

Attitude Reserve requires you to have another product from them for 5 business  days, and that would include loans. 

Message 2 of 24
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Yes, the Gold checking account is what I recall and possibly having a another product for 5 business days.

Thank again. 👋

Message 3 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Credit4Growth wrote:

Do you have any trusted friends/relatives within their footprint or with a US Bank credit card?  For my daughter, we opened a joint bank account (with a very small amount of money).   We were both outside the footprint but as I had a card I was able to open the deposit account.   Then, a week or so later, she successfully applied for the Altitude Reserve based on her trivial relationship.

Message 4 of 24
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Credit4Growth wrote:

Do you have any trusted friends/relatives within their footprint or with a US Bank credit card?  For my daughter, we opened a joint bank account (with a very small amount of money).   We were both outside the footprint but as I had a card I was able to open the deposit account.   Then, a week or so later, she successfully applied for the Altitude Reserve based on her trivial relationship.

Thank you!

I do but at the same time I wish not to have to go down that path (as a long or short term venture). 

It is already in my plan to apply for a loan later this year but I will keep your suggestion as an option if I decide to move forward with my pursuit of the AR.

Message 5 of 24
GrandBaker
Contributor

Since you are outside of their footprint and an established relationship is a requirement for this card it leaves you with these options:

1. Auto loan (refi or new)

2. Home loan (refi or new)

3. Apply for one of their other credit cards, wait a couple months and then apply for the AR card.

All 3 require a wait time but IMO option 3 is the easiest.

Message 6 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@GrandBaker wrote:

Since you are outside of their footprint and an established relationship is a requirement for this card it leaves you with these options:

3. Apply for one of their other credit cards, wait a couple months and then apply for the AR card.

How so? Add a card, risk possible denial for too many accounts in the past 12 months doesn't exactly sound like "safe option" to me. 

Before anyone goes "profile specific", yup true, but does one want a card or does one wants to be a DP

Message 7 of 24
GrandBaker
Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@GrandBaker wrote:

How so? Add a card, risk possible denial for too many accounts in the past 12 months doesn't exactly sound like "safe option" to me. 

Before anyone goes "profile specific", yup true, but does one want a card or does one wants to be a DP

I said it was the easiest option Smiley Happy as I didn't want to assume the OP is in the market for a refi on their car/house and double assuming they have one (hello, downtown warriors!)

Message 8 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@GrandBaker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@GrandBaker wrote:

I said it was the easiest option Smiley Happy as I didn't want to assume the OP is in the market for a refi on their car/house and double assuming they have one (hello, downtown warriors!)

Even though their question was specifically about auto loan? 

Message 9 of 24
GrandBaker
Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@GrandBaker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@GrandBaker wrote:

Even though their question was specifically about auto loan? 

And one of my 3 options was an auto loan so it's not like I completely ignored it.

Anyway, it's an internet forum and I'm just trying to help the OP with other options. They can either consider my recommendation or choose to ignore it. It won't hurt my feelings ... LOL!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.