Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S Bank Cash+ 20% more cash back summer offer letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

U.S Bank Cash+ 20% more cash back summer offer letter

Recieved a letter from U.S Bank this weekend stating earn 20% more cash back between Aug 1 - septmber 30th 2019. Leter says after you spend $350 on net purhcases during the promiton period you will be awarded .20%. cash back per dollar spent up to a max of $20 dollars.

1% = 1.2% , 2%=2.2% , 5%=-5.2% . 

whats everyone thoughts ? 

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: U.S Bank Cash+ 20% more cash back summer offer letter

@Anonymous wrote:

Recieved a letter from U.S Bank this weekend stating earn 20% more cash back between Aug 1 - septmber 30th 2019. Leter says after you spend $350 on net purhcases during the promiton period you will be awarded .20%. cash back per dollar spent up to a max of $20 dollars.

1% = 1.2% , 2%=2.2% , 5%=-5.2% . 

whats everyone thoughts ? 

Personally I find it hard to get too excited about the possibility of $20 extra dollars. But for those that are, I guess it's good!

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

20% bump isn't all that great... it's like Amex 20% bump on 20 swipes on ED.  Doesn't make that big of a difference unless there's HUGE spend going on or NO CAP.

I suppose it will be a bit of a perk for normal monthly spend on utilities @ 5% for 2 months.  I don't use the card for anything other than the highest categories.

Message 3 of 27
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

$20 to move their card to the front of the line for a month? Throw me in that brier patch.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

$20 to move their card to the front of the line for a month? Throw me in that brier patch.

Well, most things are 1%(so 1.2%) so you wouldn't want to move most of that spend there.   You need to spend $350 to START the enhanced earning.   Since the 2% categories (gas, grocery, restaurant) are often covered by other cards earning more than 2.2%, it's really only the 5% categories that count.   So yes, if you spend $1350 in a month on those, that's an extra $20 on top of the usual $67.

So, it's not nothing, but more complex  than moving the card to the fron of the line!

Message 5 of 27
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Roger that!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

$20 is $20, and it's $20 that I wouldn't have had otherwise. I already meet the spend so I'm more than willing to take whatever free money if I'm offered. 

Message 7 of 27
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

20% bump isn't all that great... it's like Amex 20% bump on 20 swipes on ED.  Doesn't make that big of a difference unless there's HUGE spend going on or NO CAP.

I suppose it will be a bit of a perk for normal monthly spend on utilities @ 5% for 2 months.  I don't use the card for anything other than the highest categories.

Same for me, it's cell phone and streaming so I would hit the minimum spend but not that much more.   Wouldn't even amount to the $20 for me.  Not to mention it hasen't been offered to me yet either.  

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 8 of 27
Andypanda
Established Contributor

I spend at least that much in a month between utillites and cell phone bill. If US BAnk wnats to give me extra money back, I will be more than happy to take it.

Message 9 of 27
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

@Andypanda wrote:

I spend at least that much in a month between utillites and cell phone bill. If US BAnk wnats to give me extra money back, I will be more than happy to take it.

That is me as well. Utilities and cell phone. Adds up.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.