Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank (USB) Altitude Reserve

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

U.S. Bank (USB) Altitude Reserve

"A reliable source tells of a memo which went out today indicating that effective Nov 30, 2020, no new applications will be accepted on the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve card. Possibly a temporary move, but we didn’t get any information on that.

The U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve card comes with a 50,000 points signup bonus which is worth $750 in travel." - Doctor Of Credit Source

• myFICO Flood shall commence!
  • USB tidal wave is about to begin!
Message 1 of 138
137 REPLIES 137
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: U.S. Bank (USB) to Stop Accepting Apps for Altitude Reserve on 11/30

It's possible they are doing it in preparation for Altitude Connect release.

With enough applicants, they might keep it closed for applications untill they decide to get rid of it for good. 

Message 2 of 138
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

It's possible they are doing it in preparation for Altitude Connect release.

With enough applicants, they might keep it closed for applications untill they decide to get rid of it for good. 

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, grandfather everyone else in and keep it closed like the USAA card (and many others).

Message 3 of 138
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I thought they would do something like this when the proposed rewards and SUB were announced, but I thought they would wait a bit longer. 

The only reason why I thought that is rumored only-in-branch applications during launch. 

So, while pre-existing relationship may not be necessary like it is in case of AR, you still have to live in their footprint, and they might try to "sell" other services they provide, namely checking/savings (followed by "wanna talk about investments" call a month or so later. 

Message 4 of 138
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Remedios I honestly just thought, **bleep**, I was just approved for the USB Altitude GO. Would they use the same HP and approve me for this, too lol. I really rarely use Apple Pay and already have the AMEX Trifecta: CS Platinum, Gold, BBP, Amazon Business Prime, and I don't really need it!

Message 5 of 138
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Dang, wonder if I should apply. 

Message 6 of 138
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Remedios I honestly just thought, **bleep**, I was just approved for the USB Altitude GO. Would they use the same HP and approve me for this, too lol. I really rarely use Apple Pay and already have the AMEX Trifecta: CS Platinum, Gold, BBP, Amazon Business Prime, and I don't really need it!

USB doesn't repurpose their HPs, unfortunately.  Do you have any other USB CCs?  The last time I checked with a couple agents, 3 of my USB CCs were eligible to PC to the Altitude Reserve.  And, I had just gotten the Altitude GO 🤷‍♂️

I'm still torn on whether I should switch one of them before the rumor becomes concrete, if at all.  Definitely can't apply cuz lots of ummm lolzies 💳💳💳💳💳

Message 7 of 138
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

USB doesn't repurpose their HPs, unfortunately.  Do you have any other USB CCs?  The last time I checked with a couple agents, 3 of my USB CCs were eligible to PC to the Altitude Reserve.  And, I had just gotten the Altitude GO 🤷‍♂️

I'm still torn on whether I should switch one of them before the rumor becomes concrete, if at all.  Definitely can't apply cuz lots of ummm lolzies 💳💳💳💳💳

No, just the one USB Altitude GO CC. I'll probably pass on the USB Altitude Reserve and show some self-restraint. I would rather a USB Altitude GO CLI anyway! But I gotta wait for 6/months and gamble to see if it's TU or EX for me.

Message 8 of 138
Trikoret
Contributor

I don't think they going to discontinue it. They probably going to do a refresh. They already have a preview picture of how the card going to be. It's in the rewards Portal. 

Message 9 of 138
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If by refresh you mean nerfing the good stuff.. probably

Changing card design doest require halting applications. 

They've changed Cash+ twice since I've had it. 

Even for the loss leader, AR leans too much towards loss part. 

I really do not think it can survive in its current itineration. 

Message 10 of 138
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.