U.S. Bank (USB) Altitude Reserve

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: U.S. Bank (USB) to Stop Accepting Apps for Altitude Reserve on 11/30

@simplynoir wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

It's possible they are doing it in preparation for Altitude Connect release.

With enough applicants, they might keep it closed for applications untill they decide to get rid of it for good. 

Do you like your AR so far?   How many 🐄 ratings would you give it? 😜  What are some of the perks that you really like about it?   Initially, I was definitely going to try for it, but then USB tightened UW rules, which is cool and whatnot, so I'm wondering if it might be a good fit given I already have Altitude GO at the moment.  Or, wait for Altitude Connect 🤔

I'll let you and @UncleB twist my arm (or anyone) as I ponder on the benefits and perhaps switch or wait.

Socks AR - rate it 9 out of 5 🐄

As for why to get it: mobile purchases making it an easy 4.5% earnings through RTR. Everything else about the card is gravy to me honestly. If I could use this for business purchases I'd run the card to the ground 😂

For the announcement I think it'll go either way on whether they'll open apps again ala USAA 2.5% card or just nerf the dang thing before re-releasing it to the public. Maybe they'll ask for first born and some goats before the application even starts

Believe me I know how this beauty would be a great workhorse if it could be used for biz.

Hmmm, so I know I'd be letting the juicy SUB basically flush down the 🚽 because of PC (if PC is possible, I'll check again though).  I know usually that's something I even frown upon, but USB 🧦🧦 is not within reach as a new app.

Travel credit - how flexible?  I was mulling about the lack of travel partners (lounges are no issue cuz of my other CC friends) and I couldn't remember off hand the minimum redemption amount for hotels and rental cars (not a major issue though).  The AF is digestible. The potential nerf is what gives me pause, almost like that time some went for the CNB Crystal VI and well...we know what happened there 😬

Message 21 of 138
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I rate it 🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

And I give it 1 🐥 👎for the tech (not specific to AR, but still. 

EQ called them, wants it's ENIAC back. 

Message 22 of 138
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

With enough applicants, they might keep it closed for applications untill they decide to get rid of it for good. 

Do you like your AR so far?   How many 🐄 ratings would you give it? 😜  What are some of the perks that you really like about it?   Initially, I was definitely going to try for it, but then USB tightened UW rules, which is cool and whatnot, so I'm wondering if it might be a good fit given I already have Altitude GO at the moment.  Or, wait for Altitude Connect 🤔

I'll let you and @UncleB twist my arm (or anyone) as I ponder on the benefits and perhaps switch or wait.

As for why to get it: mobile purchases making it an easy 4.5% earnings through RTR. Everything else about the card is gravy to me honestly. If I could use this for business purchases I'd run the card to the ground 😂

For the announcement I think it'll go either way on whether they'll open apps again ala USAA 2.5% card or just nerf the dang thing before re-releasing it to the public. Maybe they'll ask for first born and some goats before the application even starts

I shall freely offer firstborn, secondborn, dogs number 1 and 3. 

Goat is a deal breaker, I love goats. 

Message 23 of 138
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I don't want to humble brag (of course I do), but for me, it's been a cash 🐄

I was able to pay just about everything via mobile wallet, including tution for two kids who don't deserve me (village of the damned here), and property taxes twice. 

I don't even think about it as a travel card since AF is completely absorbed by travel credit and wifi passes. 

I'm certain you don't need a travel card, but it really works as cashback card given enough spend can be ran though your iPay thingy. 

I don't go out much now, so I don't use it as much. 

As far as doing PC...that SUB 😢

You already have everything AR has to offer on other cards (excluding RTR) so

I'd wait for Altitude Connect, grab the SUB, skip larger AF. 

I've been in credit purgatory for 11 months waiting for  Connect. 

I cant wait for that denial thread 😐

Ok, very great perspective 🥰🙏.  Sounds like Altitude Connect might be the route then, if anything.  I know I was out of the loop for a minute, but when is its anticipated release (if known)?

Message 24 of 138
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

What's the application process like? Manual review typically? How long does it take to approve? How fast do you get the card if approved?

Just wondering of course. 

Message 25 of 138
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Allegedly January 2021

Message 26 of 138
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Believe me I know how this beauty would be a great workhorse if it could be used for biz.

Hmmm, so I know I'd be letting the juicy SUB basically flush down the 🚽 because of PC (if PC is possible, I'll check again though).  I know usually that's something I even frown upon, but USB 🧦🧦 is not within reach as a new app.

Travel credit - how flexible?  I was mulling about the lack of travel partners (lounges are no issue cuz of my other CC friends) and I couldn't remember off hand the minimum redemption amount for hotels and rental cars (not a major issue though).  The AF is digestible. The potential nerf is what gives me pause, almost like that time some went for the CNB Crystal VI and well...we know what happened there 😬

Very flexible. Almost like the CSR travel credit as far as ease of use. Here are some examples here. Also, Socks Bank is allowing it to be used for dinning purposes and the benefit has been extended to middle of next year which is good news

Grr the CNB Crystal card...FWIW I got in on it before they nerfed it to ashes so even though I paid the AF and got not even a full year of that card it was worth it since I came out ahead. Just sucks it couldn't last a few years more considering all I had to go through just getting it

Message 27 of 138
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I rate it 🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

And I give it 1 🐥 👎for the tech (not specific to AR, but still. 

EQ called them, wants it's ENIAC back. 

Speaking of the ill-fated CNB Crystal IV card mentioned by @FinStar a few posts above their website was frrustating as @coldfusion can attest to. Holy 11in tube tv that weighed 200lbs, Batman!

Message 28 of 138
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@randomguy1 wrote:

What's the application process like? Manual review typically? How long does it take to approve? How fast do you get the card if approved?

Just wondering of course. 

I got instant approval, but had to recon because $5000.00

Higher limit approved 3 days later, another pull happened. 

Card arrived three days later.

Funny story, two months prior to AR approval, I was denied for Cash+ for too many new accounts (2/12), lengthy but amusing recon, approved without a second pull. 

I don't get them... denial for too many accounts, I add one more, instant approval. They make my head hurt. 

Message 29 of 138
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I shall freely offer firstborn, secondborn, dogs number 1 and 3. 

Goat is a deal breaker, I love goats. 

What about an ostrich?

Message 30 of 138
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.