Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card

tag
203bravo
Established Contributor

U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card

Anyone have any experience with U.S. Bank --- thinking of apping since they offer a card with a college affiliation logo.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card

no bk, credit score over 680.

Message 2 of 5
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@203bravo wrote:

Anyone have any experience with U.S. Bank --- thinking of apping since they offer a card with a college affiliation logo.

I have been with US Bank for many years.  I have both the Flex Perks and the Platinum cards.  In addition, I have checking, savings, and have had two mortgages with them.  For me, they have been the best bank I have ever dealt with.  I use their cc's 99% of the  time when ever I do use a card. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 5
203bravo
Established Contributor

Thank you -- went ahead and app'd online -- 12k limit with 12.99apr (I PIF monthly so not an issue).. Instant online decision... But at least I get to help out the organization a little when I use it.

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@203bravo wrote:

Thank you -- went ahead and app'd online -- 12k limit with 12.99apr (I PIF monthly so not an issue).. Instant online decision... But at least I get to help out the organization a little when I use it.

Smiley Happy

Congrats on the card.  Was it the Platinum card that you wanted?   Since it was a hard inquiry, you "might" want to call and see if you can get their flex-perks cash rewards card using the same credit report.   This is just a suggestion however.   As always, think carefully before taking on new credit.  I got both with just the one inquiry,  that is the only reason why  I mentioned it.  You will take a hit however for a second new account.   Did they pull EX for you?  Either way,  I hope you will be as happy with the card and their services  as I have been over the years. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.