cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank says I have 'excellent credit'...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: U.S. Bank says I have 'excellent credit'...

I have had a US Bank card since 2003. Keep in mind though I've been banking with them since 1996 too.

They've been pretty good to me so far. My initial credit limit was fairly low, either 900-1000, but I was 19 at the time when I opened the account. Over the years it has increased to 18k. They also slashed my interest rate to 1.9% + prime in 2006 on request, which exceeded my expectations.

My only complaint is that they have sneaky payment deadlines. Sometimes the bill will be due on a Saturday or Sunday. I used to be able to make a payment transfer from my checking account at 10PM the day it was due and be fine, but they ended that policy and its due by like 5-6PM.

If you are a responsible debtor and pay attention, they are a good card company to deal with. I hope that helps.

Message Edited by jessep28 on 07-29-2008 06:55 AM
Message 11 of 102
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I love my USbank card, started with a pretty nice limit and has grown to my highest limit over the years. Great rate also that gets better if you ask and you have been with them long time.
Message 12 of 102
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting, jesse and CA.  Smiley Happy  Sounds like longtime customers have only good things to say - very encouraging.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 13 of 102
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

and they LOVE to give you BT offers, and don't mind at all if you carry balance! I have always carried very large balances and gotten my cli when I got those balances below 50%... so in all respect, I probably good have more credit with them if i would get the balance down!
Message 14 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeeez,

One cant even have a good mornings sleep in the CUC... I will have to make a complaint to the management in this place, so much noise coming from those AC ducts! Sounds like a regular transportation route of some kind. **looks confused**
Message 15 of 102
Scamp
Valued Contributor

"They found 'Tom'!!" Smiley Surprised

(Yes, I've watched 'The Great Escape' WAAAAY too many times!)

Actually, that noise ain't the ducts - it's me prying up the floor boards to see what kinda digging I may have to do, if I do decide to make a break for it. 

Sorry for keeping you up, gettin'. I'll try to work more quietly.  Smiley Surprised

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 16 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know what they pull for TX?
Message 17 of 102
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just talked to my local USbank person and credit cards require 620 score
flexline 620
flexline premier 720.

I'm sure there is slightly more to there qualifications than a flat 620 score, but good place to start.
Message 18 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 660 score on TU and Exp...........571 on equifax (working on it)..........if they pull either of the two favorable ones I'm golden........otherwise I get a big fat no!

which is why i was wondering.....

thanks
Message 19 of 102
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I might risk that they pull others and if not maybe get a recon. to pulll the other!
Message 20 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.