Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UA Dynamic Partner Award’s Announced

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

UA Dynamic Partner Award’s Announced

United this morning quietly changed their websites and award FAQ. Partner awards charts will move to dynamic pricing on November 15 as well.

This was a suspected move when UA announced a change to their own chart, but at that time they stated partner charts would not be affected. Turns out this isn’t the case.

Chase UR will be seeing a devaluation in my book. UA was the only worthwhile program chase had for int’l long haul and now that partner bookings will reflect the crazy prices of Delta some day soon. Some trial bookings I did to Cairo have already increased 10K miles and they changes haven’t even hit yet.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/mileageplus/awards/award-travel-updates.html

If you go to the last FAQ. It’s contained in there.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UA Dynamic Partner Award’s Announced

They will not stop until everything is 1cpp. Maybe this will encourage chase to do more bonus transfers. lol

Message 2 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

It definitely shrinks the set of situations where URs can beat MRs.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

As much as I don't want it to be true...I believe that it won't be long for American does something similar.  

Message 4 of 11
redpat
Senior Contributor

At then of the day Amex MR is king.....Classic story of the Tortoise and the Hare.......

Rakuten is better than Chase's portal, so kudos to Amex for that coup and MR being able to be used w/ Rocketmiles is also a nice addition.

All these MR changes makes transfer bonus offers  much more valuable.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

As much as I don't want it to be true...I believe that it won't be long for American does something similar.  

I don't know exactly what has been confirmed, but there was a lot of chatter a few months ago (April-June) about AA going dynamic.

Message 6 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I don't know know enough about Star Alliance (I'm a closet Delta fan but don't tell anybody), but is using a tranfer of URs to KrisFlyer miles with Singapore for United and other partners not still a decent option?  Last I knew they were still using an award chart:

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pdf/ppsclub_krisflyer/charts/Star%20Alliance_Round-trip%20Award_A...

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

I don't actually see it that way, the airline industry point devaluation is happening everywhere, this makes two things more attractive for many, if not most, people:

1. transfer bonuses

2. an excellent fixed value .... like 1.5-1.6cpp of UR.

Message 8 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

I don't actually see it that way, the airline industry point devaluation is happening everywhere, this makes two things more attractive for many, if not most, people:

1. transfer bonuses

Amex does far more transfer bonuses.

Schwab Platinum gives me a 1.25 cpp floor in the form of cash deposits at Schwab. Not amazing in itself, but a lot of my spend goes on BBP where I earn 2x MRs. So for fixed value, I'll take that over 1.5 cpp on 1.5x with CFU/CSR.

I do have more off-category spend than many others do.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

1. transfer bonuses

Amex does far more transfer bonuses.

Schwab Platinum gives me a 1.25 cpp floor in the form of cash deposits at Schwab. Not amazing in itself, but a lot of my spend goes on BBP where I earn 2x MRs. So for fixed value, I'll take that over 1.5 cpp on 1.5x with CFU/CSR.

I do have more off-category spend than many others do.

Here is the hope Chase does more bonus transfer too, Smiley Very Happy.

BBP is a gem, I run business spending through it as much as I can. I do separate business and personal spending clearly, so I am not running everything through it. Plus lot of my personal spending does not accept amex, aye.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.