Did you mean: 

UGH! Fraud on Discover iT! VENMO??

tag
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Re: UGH! Fraud on Discover iT! VENMO??

Lower alerts to $1 check-mark-10-512.gif

Thank you.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 11 of 15
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I was literally reading this thread when I received a fraud alert on my CapitalOne account. It was for an authorized user card, my daughter and I knew she had not carried the card for 6 months. In fact I checked and the card was locked up in my office.

The criminal element got one charge through a local Wal -Mart and tried to do a second charge. Both under $100 and at a location that is a short drive away. 

I called into Capital1 and they let me know the transactions were electronically placed. Glad they were on their 'A' game today.

Pizza, glad Discover alerted you!

Message 12 of 15
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

I am so sorry this is happening to you.

Message 13 of 15
northface28
Established Contributor

I set my alerts to a penny if they let me. People ask, "isn't that annoying"? Not as annoying as getting ripped off and trying to clear up the mess:
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 14 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@northface28 wrote:
I set my alerts to a penny if they let me. People ask, "isn't that annoying"? Not as annoying as getting ripped off and trying to clear up the mess:

SOOOO agree!!! Yes!!  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.