cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGH, Plat fraud! Kudo's to Navy fraud Dept!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

UGH, Plat fraud! Kudo's to Navy fraud Dept!!

Woke up to a text from Navy fraud dept asking if I made a purchase of $10.97 to Netflix on my Plat card, which I responded to NO,  (I should of responded 2 instead of NO, but I was half asleep)!   Anyways, When they called me, they had already declined the charge, and froze my account until they could hear from me.

So the charge didnt go thru, and the Navy rep in the fraud dept said at 1am-ish they declined the charge, and closed the account down,  it was tried again. He said there's a fraud ring out of Amsterdam happening right now, and the pattern they are seeing is wee hours of morning for a Netflix charge, on cards that havent been used much.  So, everyone check your accounts, it might not just be Navy cards.

Anyways, told him I check my accounts online daily, sometimes more than once because Im OCD,  and didnt see  this last night,  plus Ive never used Netflix, and he confirmed I had logged on 4 times, LOL!! Anyways, it was handled beautifully, plus it wasnt my normal spending pattern (usually Starbucks the last few months or so, LOL). He offered to overnight out a new card to me, which I said wasnt necessary, and thanked him. 

So, this time, fraudsters didnt get anything!  My phone call was quick and painless, a few verification questions and conversation, and that was it. Good job Navy!

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: UGH, Plat fraud! Kudo's to Navy fraud Dept!!

So, this wasn't a case of Netflix, pizza and chill? 😄😄😄

ETA - pizza
Message 2 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Navy is the bestSmiley Happy. Dang Pizza, fraudsters REALLY Love PizzaSmiley Wink.
Message 3 of 38
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Navy is the bestSmiley Happy. Dang Pizza, fraudsters REALLY Love PizzaSmiley Wink.

Seriously! I dont get it. @CreditCuriosity will tell you the same thing! LOL. 

Message 4 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 you have more fraud on your CC's than i have ever seen or heard of.. You either have a virus on your computer or a place your frequent has some employees saying look its pizza again lets get her again.. Might want to check your computer or think of places where you shop where this happens over and over again as something clearly isnt going right for you

Message 5 of 38
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@pizza1 you have more fraud on your CC's than i have ever seen or heard of.. You either have a virus on your computer or a place your frequent has some employees saying look its pizza again lets get her again.. Might want to check your computer or think of places where you shop where this happens over and over again as something clearly isnt going right for you

@AverageJoesCredit, see? Told ya he say this, LOL.. 

@CreditCuriosity, honestly, I dont know what the deal is! I go thru Starbucks, I occasionally used my Plat card at the grocery store for lunch. Hardly think that triggers anything. I have a MAC, so my firewall is solid! Im at a loss (sighs) Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Also found a typo you said "morning" I think you meant "early afternoon" Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 38
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Also found a typo you said "morning" I think you meant "early afternoon" Smiley Happy

LOLOL!!.. hey, I was up before 10am! Thats good for me on my days off! Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate to break it, but having a Mac makes you no less subseptible to credit card fruad. It's usually web based anyway, we click something we shouldn't have. People believing Macs OS is imune to security threats to me is trubling. Its a supply and demand issue not a security one, more PC users just meens more people to exploit.
Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey pizza

WoW bad news ...ive had my CC info stolen multiple times anyone else here thinking NavyFed may have gotten hacked?
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.