cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGH, Plat fraud! Kudo's to Navy fraud Dept!!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: UGH, Plat fraud! Kudo's to Navy fraud Dept!!

@MAZDA3 , Pizza wasnt be defensive its just, well, did you ever see what happens when Pizza meets Lonestar? Smiley Wink
Message 31 of 38
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

Perception is reality.
Message 32 of 38
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@MAZDA3 wrote:
Perception is reality.

Why so defensive...

Message 33 of 38
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A reminder to all: Comments must be FSR there is no other way here on myFico. Thanks for your understanding.
Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had the same thing happen to me. They also woke me up with the text at like 5:30 am. Had a new plat card the next day!
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Y’all got me nervous and since I have BTs on my Platinum, I went and froze the card and while I was in the app I froze my cashRewards too for now. It’s a bit odd that this is happening with NFCU accounts. Maybe it’s an exposure thing given NFCU’s mammoth size and mammoth following on here but better safe than sorry. 

Message 36 of 38
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Y’all got me nervous and since I have BTs on my Platinum, I went and froze the card and while I was in the app I froze my cashRewards too for now. It’s a bit odd that this is happening with NFCU accounts. Maybe it’s an exposure thing given NFCU’s mammoth size and mammoth following on here but better safe than sorry. 

Keeping cards frozen with lenders that offer that feature is a wise choice. If you do not have any recurring charges on those cards then you are saving yourself the time of checking all of your accounts every day. Seems like a waste of time when the freeze feature works. All the heavy hitters (Chase, Citi, Amex, maybe BofA I don’t remember, NFCU) offer this valuable service.

Can you imagine how many fewer threads there would be?

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MAZDA3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Keeping cards frozen with lenders that offer that feature is a wise choice. If you do not have any recurring charges on those cards then you are saving yourself the time of checking all of your accounts every day. Seems like a waste of time when the freeze feature works. All the heavy hitters (Chase, Citi, Amex, maybe BofA I don’t remember, NFCU) offer this valuable service.

Can you imagine how many fewer threads there would be?

As long as the lender doesn’t think it’s sketchy or remove it after some time -I checked NFCU specifically and theirs will stay indefinitely and I know Disco does too but policy could differ with other banks. 

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.