Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGH... tried for a barclay bank card

tag
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

UGH... tried for a barclay bank card

Went for the travelocity amex   I got the dreaded 10 day decision.  I seriously can't catch a break! Smiley Mad

They use  TU right?  Its my highest score at 710.  No baddies in the last 6 years so I think I should be good unless they don't like the BK (discharged 2003 should drop off in a few years though)

Should I backdoor them in a day or 2?

Edit:

I got declined,.  GAAAHHH!!  here's their reasons:

• Low available credit on existing credit card(s) (util is 14%, the card has a 500 CL??)
  • Insufficient credit history (I don't get this one)
  • Recently opened account (could be the Inquiry from Cap one that I closed because the CL wasn't high enough..but its ONE inquiry on TU!)

I guess I will have to immediately BD them in this case.

-CPP

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: UGH... tried for a barclay bank card

Barclay normally does pull TU. How many inquiries do you have on TU? 

Message 2 of 32
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

Barclay normally does pull TU. How many inquiries do you have on TU? 

Only 1 which was from Crap One.

-CPP

Message 3 of 32
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

does anyone know when is the best time of day to call for a recon?  I'm pretty sure its not now (its 11:22 pm here)

-CPP

Message 4 of 32
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Barclay's seems really good about recons. Try this number posted in someone else's thread: 866-408-4064.

I'd call late morning or early afternoon.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 5 of 32
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Barclays is probably the easiest out there in terms of recon.  Many have had trememdous success on these boards with them.  What the heck, you already took the hard inquiry, might as well call them. 

Let us know the result when you do.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my first CLI from them yesterday. Went from $3500 to $4500. I declined their $79 annual fee for doing the 1% rewards program. They are giving me rewards anyway. They were the last of the credit card companies to jack with my interest rate. Went from 7.9 to 12.9 percent. Made me mad but it's the best rate I have so....

Message 7 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Did you call?

Message 8 of 32
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

I called and it did not go well.

Called the recon number: w as told 2 things about their decision.

The card I have should be over 6 months to a year and I have 5 inquiries on my credit report. (thats crazy, for TU I only saw one!)

Then she said that also because the BK is still there,  I wouldn't be eligible until it dropped off.

Also something else.  They do not take student loans and /or car payments into account. They only take CC's into account.  I have one.  They said it was too new (I 've had it since June)

So anyway,  thats the breaks.  I'll have to see what the heck those other inquiries are and try to get them off my report.  The other thing is that I will probably just NOT apply anywhere else.  I have a great income, no baddies since 2004, but I guess I'm just an unlucky chicken.

-CPP

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chickenpotpie wrote:

I called and it did not go well.

Called the recon number: w as told 2 things about their decision.

The card I have should be over 6 months to a year and I have 5 inquiries on my credit report. (thats crazy, for TU I only saw one!)

Then she said that also because the BK is still there,  I wouldn't be eligible until it dropped off.

Also something else.  They do not take student loans and /or car payments into account. They only take CC's into account.  I have one.  They said it was too new (I 've had it since June)

So anyway,  thats the breaks.  I'll have to see what the heck those other inquiries are and try to get them off my report.  The other thing is that I will probably just NOT apply anywhere else.  I have a great income, no baddies since 2004, but I guess I'm just an unlucky chicken.

-CPP

When you attempt a recon with Barclays they often pull an EX as well to give you further consideration. Perhaps that's where those inquiries are that she mentioned.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.