Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMB Cards

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

UMB Cards

Anyone know of these cards? who they pull? credit score needed?
UMB and one of their affinity cards:  Reach Out & Read.
there is also a blind dog for the blind card
and would it be the same criteria for the eco card off the umb website which i rather have over the two above. 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
adamseve
Established Contributor

Re: UMB Cards

I believe they pull EQ.  Here's a number you can call to get some additional assistance:  816-860-5716.  Card services # is 800-421-2273.

So far I've been extremely pleased with their customer service and turnaround time for processing the application and receipt of credit cards.  I was approved with a $3k CL even with a BK discharged in '06.  No other baddies, but I do have lots of new credit.  Only 7 inquiries however.

Good luck...Let us know if you apply & the outcome.
Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

they pull either EQ or TU.... Hope they pull  EQ!!
Message 3 of 8
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

applied for Guide Dogs...  TU Pull...  15 day message... will call number tomorrow.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

DECLINED due to BK. he says they do not process applications with bk.

May I say he was an A**!! RUDE

this is exactly why I talked to online customer service before applying, which this guy informed me was not customer service, they are a telemarketing firmed hired by the bank, I was like that's neat they are giving out information about your approval process when they have nothing to do with it, thanks for nothing on the hard inq.

I have smoke coming off me right now.

Message 5 of 8
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear that...  did they pull TU?  (edited -- please omit the references to TU's quirks. Besides, it's fixed now)

I called as well...  said they are still processing...  whatever that means...  I guess manual review.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 10-01-2008 07:21 PM
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 10-01-2008 07:22 PM

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 6 of 8
adamseve
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

DECLINED due to BK. he says they do not process applications with bk.

May I say he was an A**!! RUDE

this is exactly why I talked to online customer service before applying, which this guy informed me was not customer service, they are a telemarketing firmed hired by the bank, I was like that's neat they are giving out information about your approval process when they have nothing to do with it, thanks for nothing on the hard inq.

I have smoke coming off me right now.

That's not true.  I have a Ch 7 Bk showing on my report and I was approved.  I would call back and talk with April.  She's the person who handled my request. 

Keep in mind we got to talking about other things as women do and she just said off the cuff, "I'm approving you for $3k."  I was so happy to be able to help children read with my new account that I said, "OMG...I'll be able to help a LOT of children learn to read with this limit.  Thank you so much!"  I believe she really felt my genuiness in wanting to help as I was talking about why reading is so important and how I allowed my girls to pick their own books, read to them, & took them to the library when they were young. 

I'm a talker and I love people so this was just my norm.  I've found that because I am this way I've been able to get higher limits.  For instance, Marathon never pulled my credit, but they gave me a card with a $500 limit simply because the girl made a comment about my B-day being close to Xmas and whether or not I got jipped.  We got to chatting about this and the fact that her friend christened her daughter's B-day and makes it a very special day every year because it falls on Xmas. 

Not sure if this helps you, but maybe it will.

Good luck to you on your re-con!!!Smiley Wink 

Message 7 of 8
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

These are some of the UMB cobranded credit cards:

Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps Visa (link)

Eco Rewards Visa Platinum (link)

Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare Visa Platinum Card (link)

Guide Dogs for the Blind Visa Platinum (link)

Joseph Adetula Foundation Visa Platinum (link)

Kansas Wildlife & Parks Visa Platinum (link)

Oregon-California Trails Association Visa (link)

Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Visa (link)

PontiacRegistry.com Visa Platinum (link)

Reach Out and Read Visa (link)

Soles4Souls Visa (link)

WomenFishing Visa Platinum (link)
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 10-04-2008 01:08 AM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.