Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMB Simply Rewards card

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: UMB Simply Rewards card

@ddemari wrote:
Just got the decline letter in the mail yesterday. TU single pull, they use the bank card FICO. Declined, score was 752 citing too many inquiries. Which at the the time their were 9.

Sorry to hear the sad news...in MHO, really only their loss...  Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:
Just got the decline letter in the mail yesterday. TU single pull, they use the bank card FICO. Declined, score was 752 citing too many inquiries. Which at the the time their were 9.

Sorry to hear the sad news...in MHO, really only their loss...  Smiley Sad

More a mutual non-loss, I doubt if anyone at UMB is wondering if they made a dreadful mistake....

Message 22 of 36
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@deltatee wrote:
I am also curious what the card actually looks like, I can't seem to find a picture of it.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 23 of 36
core
Valued Contributor

Are they still denying people for being out of their service area?  This is the #1 card that I want next, now that Consumers CU got nerfed.  In order to get this one I just might have to move to Nebraska for a month.  Somehow I don't think this one will last that long, but they may grandfather existing cardholders.  That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Themanwhocan was the first one I saw mention this card. Its in his list in my signature! Just sayin'. :-)

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am wondering, how much of a difference does this make in real life vs a 2% card?

Ex: If you spend 10k/annum in categories mentioned (and assuming you have 1 or 2 common 5% category cards), its just $100/yr difference

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am wondering, how much of a difference does this make in real life vs a 2% card?

Ex: If you spend 10k/annum in categories mentioned (and assuming you have 1 or 2 common 5% category cards), its just $100/yr difference

Yes, bonus categories are a min/maxxing exercise. Sign up bonuses and travel perks are the only "big" money in credit cards except at absurdly high levels of spend.

That said, bonus categories are also one of the easiest ways to monetize a good credit score so why not?

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, bonus categories are a min/maxxing exercise. Sign up bonuses and travel perks are the only "big" money in credit cards except at absurdly high levels of spend.

That said, bonus categories are also one of the easiest ways to monetize a good credit score so why not?

said the person with marukai and 95% of all the awesome cash back cards lol. nice lineup there!

Message 28 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@core wrote:

Are they still denying people for being out of their service area?  This is the #1 card that I want next, now that Consumers CU got nerfed.  In order to get this one I just might have to move to Nebraska for a month.  Somehow I don't think this one will last that long, but they may grandfather existing cardholders.  That's what I'm hoping anyway.

How did Consumers CU get nerfed?  Was thinking of applying for it at one point.

Message 29 of 36
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@core wrote:

How did Consumers CU get nerfed?  Was thinking of applying for it at one point.

Caps lowered.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/3-grocery-card-from-consumers-credit-union-lowers-max-rewards/

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.