UMB Simply Rewards card

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: UMB Simply Rewards card

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@core wrote:

Are they still denying people for being out of their service area?  This is the #1 card that I want next, now that Consumers CU got nerfed.  In order to get this one I just might have to move to Nebraska for a month.  Somehow I don't think this one will last that long, but they may grandfather existing cardholders.  That's what I'm hoping anyway.

How did Consumers CU get nerfed?  Was thinking of applying for it at one point.

Caps lowered.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/3-grocery-card-from-consumers-credit-union-lowers-max-rewards/

Wow, a 97% reduction in benefit!   

Message 31 of 36
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@core wrote:

Are they still denying people for being out of their service area?  This is the #1 card that I want next, now that Consumers CU got nerfed.  In order to get this one I just might have to move to Nebraska for a month.  Somehow I don't think this one will last that long, but they may grandfather existing cardholders.  That's what I'm hoping anyway.

How did Consumers CU get nerfed?  Was thinking of applying for it at one point.

Caps lowered.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/3-grocery-card-from-consumers-credit-union-lowers-max-rewards/

Wow, a 97% reduction in benefit!   

Yet still within a standard deviation. So a statistically insignificant change.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing on credit pulls about this. Except anything below 700 for their bank was basically denied.... I wish I knew what they liked in a profile.

Who has been approved for this card around here and what were their scores/profile?

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 34 of 36
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

https://www.umb.com/Personal/Banking/CreditCards/eplate/index.htm

I've never heard of that one.  Oh my, that ePlate thing is the most ridiculous thing I've seen yet.  You have to log into the site anyway to specify which reward is tied to which button, so it's not like it does anything useful in the way of saving you time.  This is just a silly TOY to attract people who are fascinated by a blinking light, I guess.  And it actually allows way less flexibility compared to the usual points system.  ~1% in rewards isn't so hot, blinkie card or not.  $99 AF for slightly higher rewards, but still sub-1.5%, is a total ripoff.

I say if you need a blinking card to entertain yourself, tape a watch battery and LED onto your Citi DC.  *shaking head*

Message 35 of 36
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I realize I'm grasping at straws here in the wake of the Sallie Mae demise, but has anyone from California been approved for this card since this thread was last active?

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.