cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMB Simply Rewards card

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Valued Contributor

Re: UMB Simply Rewards card


@ddemari wrote:
Just got the decline letter in the mail yesterday. TU single pull, they use the bank card FICO. Declined, score was 752 citing too many inquiries. Which at the the time their were 9.

Sorry to hear the sad news...in MHO, really only their loss...  Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 36
Mega Contributor

Re: UMB Simply Rewards card


@galahad15 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:
Just got the decline letter in the mail yesterday. TU single pull, they use the bank card FICO. Declined, score was 752 citing too many inquiries. Which at the the time their were 9.

Sorry to hear the sad news...in MHO, really only their loss...  Smiley Sad


More a mutual non-loss, I doubt if anyone at UMB is wondering if they made a dreadful mistake....

Message 22 of 36
Senior Contributor

Re: UMB Simply Rewards card


@deltatee wrote:
I am also curious what the card actually looks like, I can't seem to find a picture of it.





TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 23 of 36
Valued Contributor

Re: UMB Simply Rewards card

Are they still denying people for being out of their service area?  This is the #1 card that I want next, now that Consumers CU got nerfed.  In order to get this one I just might have to move to Nebraska for a month.  Somehow I don't think this one will last that long, but they may grandfather existing cardholders.  That's what I'm hoping anyway.

EQ08 BE: 776 | TU08: 812 | EX08: 797
Chase Ink [21.5k], Citi DC [20k], Alliant [15k], GICU [15k], QS1 [14.7k], Amex OBC [10k], Sportsman's Guide [9.4k], Blispay [7.5k], PenFed [6.5k], Chase Amazon [6.5k], Discover it [5.2k], Citi TYP [5.2k], Chase Freedom [5k], Fidelity Amex [5k], Consumers CU [5k], Wyndham [5k], Synch/Amazon [5k], Synch/Paypal [5k], Elan [4.5k], Ft.Knox [2.5k], BofA BBR [2k], Victoria's [1.7k], BofA 123 [500!]
Message 24 of 36
Senior Contributor

Re: UMB Simply Rewards card

Themanwhocan was the first one I saw mention this card. Its in his list in my signature! Just sayin'. :-)

EQ 730, TU 730, EX 720. INQs EQ-1, TU-9, EX-7 AAOA 4yrs Util 6% Inspiration: Themanwhocan's Cash Back Charts
Message 25 of 36
New Contributor

Re: UMB Simply Rewards card

I am wondering, how much of a difference does this make in real life vs a 2% card?

 

Ex: If you spend 10k/annum in categories mentioned (and assuming you have 1 or 2 common 5% category cards), its just $100/yr difference


Last HP:May 2016
Message 26 of 36
Established Contributor

Re: UMB Simply Rewards card


@D0nk3y wrote:

I am wondering, how much of a difference does this make in real life vs a 2% card?

 

Ex: If you spend 10k/annum in categories mentioned (and assuming you have 1 or 2 common 5% category cards), its just $100/yr difference


Yes, bonus categories are a min/maxxing exercise. Sign up bonuses and travel perks are the only "big" money in credit cards except at absurdly high levels of spend.

 

That said, bonus categories are also one of the easiest ways to monetize a good credit score so why not?

Message 27 of 36
Senior Contributor

Re: UMB Simply Rewards card


@salt_water_swimming wrote:

@D0nk3y wrote:

I am wondering, how much of a difference does this make in real life vs a 2% card?

 

Ex: If you spend 10k/annum in categories mentioned (and assuming you have 1 or 2 common 5% category cards), its just $100/yr difference


Yes, bonus categories are a min/maxxing exercise. Sign up bonuses and travel perks are the only "big" money in credit cards except at absurdly high levels of spend.

 

That said, bonus categories are also one of the easiest ways to monetize a good credit score so why not?


said the person with marukai and 95% of all the awesome cash back cards lol. nice lineup there!

EQ 730, TU 730, EX 720. INQs EQ-1, TU-9, EX-7 AAOA 4yrs Util 6% Inspiration: Themanwhocan's Cash Back Charts
Message 28 of 36
Mega Contributor

Re: UMB Simply Rewards card


@core wrote:

Are they still denying people for being out of their service area?  This is the #1 card that I want next, now that Consumers CU got nerfed.  In order to get this one I just might have to move to Nebraska for a month.  Somehow I don't think this one will last that long, but they may grandfather existing cardholders.  That's what I'm hoping anyway.


How did Consumers CU get nerfed?  Was thinking of applying for it at one point.

Message 29 of 36
Senior Contributor

Re: UMB Simply Rewards card


@longtimelurker wrote:

@core wrote:

Are they still denying people for being out of their service area?  This is the #1 card that I want next, now that Consumers CU got nerfed.  In order to get this one I just might have to move to Nebraska for a month.  Somehow I don't think this one will last that long, but they may grandfather existing cardholders.  That's what I'm hoping anyway.


How did Consumers CU get nerfed?  Was thinking of applying for it at one point.


Caps lowered.

 

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/3-grocery-card-from-consumers-credit-union-lowers-max-rewards/





TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 30 of 36