Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE 2] Walmart Mid Cycle Stamp

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

[UPDATE 2] Walmart Mid Cycle Stamp

Had the Walmart Card since 2013 and although it gets rotational use and PIF they seen fit this month to do a Mid Cycle report to the CRA's, effectively showing a balance that i since PIF like i do anyway.

So now it shows a balance this month instead of when the statement normally cuts which is always been on the 1st day of every month.

Why are they doing that and is there anyway to call in and ask them to do another update?

I get enough fits from Comenity leaving paid off balances post past normal statement cut dates but now Walmart is getting into it like that?

What Gives? SD time?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: What Gives? Walmart Mid Cycle Stamp

They (Synchrony) did that to me before they sent me the blue envelopes, but I did hear that hey periodically do report mid cycle.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry this happened, CM7. I have had two Synchrony cards in 2015 and 2016 report mid-cycle.

In my situation they only had small balances so it wasn't an issue. There have been other reports on the board of Synchrony reporting off-cycle.

It's worth giving them a call and seeing if they will do an update now that you have paid the balance down.
Message 3 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
They (Synchrony) did that to me before they sent me the blue envelopes, but I did hear that hey periodically do report mid cycle.

Not sure what's to be gained for them by doing those like that but it almost assuredly now will result in the Walmart Card going on ice and i think while i'm at it to also close Amazon Store card now.

Chase offers a Amazon Prime Card and so when the time comes that will serve as a better replacement.

This bites my tail and demands a response so that's what will be done.

In my opinion it's time to drop cards that upset smooth scheduling and make disruptions before they become a constant nusance.

Message 4 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry this happened, CM7. I have had two Synchrony cards in 2015 and 2016 report mid-cycle.

In my situation they only had small balances so it wasn't an issue. There have been other reports on the board of Synchrony reporting off-cycle.

It's worth giving them a call and seeing if they will do an update now that you have paid the balance down.

Thanks for your understanding humuhum.

Wouldn't it be pointless though to raise this as an issue?

It's done, the off schedule reporting has reported completely contrary to normal procedures that i as a customer have seen for years, and without notice or explaination via mail or otherwise.

The Amazon Store Card is toast now. I will close it as soon as it reports on the 3rd and such have one less card for them to toy with in this manner.

I guess customer appreciation isn't all that it's cracked up to be with some accounts.

Appreciate your feedback!!

Message 5 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Its not a challengable issue, happens to me all the time, I just have to pay off 2x a month if and when I use my Walmart card, they report any balance on the 9th and the stmt balance on the 25th.

Message 6 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Its not a challengable issue, happens to me all the time, I just have to pay off 2x a month if and when I use my Walmart card, they report any balance on the 9th and the stmt balance on the 25th.

+1

Happen to agree fully with your assessment on it.

It's not something they care to even consider with any sort of concern or priority but just a basic way they decide to do things.

But as such it just gave me a very good reason to begin to withdraw accounts beginning with Amazon soon.

I will test Walmart again to see of it's repeated and if so dismiss that one too.

There are enough prime bank cards with much better APR's in this camp anyway who stick to policy in reporting and don't deviate without a good reason to bother with this happening every time a simple charge is made. Bahh

Message 7 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I must add as another point of agitation is this.

So the said PIF payment "Finally" shows up on the account page right?

Check this out.

The payment received date clearly shows 3/19 but only goes "Live" in the pendings column on 3/27.

Granted it's within the so called normal business 7-10 or whatever but if it was received back then what's the purpose of such a hold up?

I am all too aware that many other forum members in here have posted in taking issue with this very thing of having their payments held up and a source of some very real concern over it.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find that they do this to me  when my balance changes significantly  (in either direction). My statement is usually issued on the 16th or 17th of the month. If there is a big change in my balance versus what was reported on my previous statement they report an update to the bureaus on the 30th or 31st of the month. So if I have a balance - I make sure I pay it before the end of the month. 

But the Walmart store card was one of the cards I applied for because my scores weren't that strong at the time. I've since accumulated better cards and only use this once periodically to keep the account active. So now I don't worry too much about this anymore.

Message 9 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I find that they do this to me  when my balance changes significantly  (in either direction). My statement is usually issued on the 16th or 17th of the month. If there is a big change in my balance versus what was reported on my previous statement they report an update to the bureaus on the 30th or 31st of the month. So if I have a balance - I make sure I pay it before the end of the month. 

But the Walmart store card was one of the cards I applied for because my scores weren't that strong at the time. I've since accumulated better cards and only use this once periodically to keep the account active. So now I don't worry too much about this anymore.

Yeah i see that. With me my WM balances are always well under $1K with a $10K limit and so this recent balance wasn't any different than any of the others which have been before.

Like you my other cards are also better now with reasonable low APR's for times of revolving which i do on occasion for showing up purposes.

Since this one and Amazon are both store cards it might just be time to just let them off at the next stop anyway.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.